DIR- Generic Does the ScubaPro S-Tek Pro BPW Meet Standards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to see who is instructing and when in Ohio. I think the last one was at Gilboa and I believe the instructor flew in but I could be wrong. I really like the reviews of this unit so I may just run with it and then try to rent something for fundies as apparently that is an option.

You can reach out to John K or Marcus D at Board — MIDWEST UNDERWATER EXPLORERS to ask who they might be lining up. They’re the ones organizing fundies (and other GUE classes) at Gilboa. I took that class with Francesco and Emoke. Highly recommend asking them before buying anything. I created a spreadsheet of what I had and sent it to them.

I also highly recommend a 1 meter DSMB. My 6’ ocean DSMB was not fun to inflate at 17 feet.

1m SMBs are cute for class. But if you want to be seen (kind of the point), get a real one.
1m are ideal for quarry's

I really like the reviews of this unit so I may just run with it and then try to rent something for fundies as apparently that is an option.

I love scubapro stuff, if you want to buy fancy looking stuff this looks fancy but it is not for serious divers
It's for people that make ridiculous statements like yours

Scubapro regulators, yes, I would not use this bc for free

You don’t want any of that. It’s searching for a problem. The shoulder straps shouldn’t be tight and you don’t need to tighten and loosen them all the time.

Then you’re going to have all that extra webbing and that’s where the back up lights go on the shoulder straps so you won’t be able to adjust them anyhow and the right hip dring gets in the way of the light canister
I really like this BPW ! I am 67 and I struggle to put on one with a one piece harness. On this one it is "almost" a one piece harness as you cannot separate it in 2 parts.
The webbing you can easily take it out for the hip part so no more problem with the light canister. You could do the same with the webbing on the shoulder strap but they absolutely don't bother to adjust the D rings (specialy that I replace the "big" webbing part of the shoulder by the "small" one for the hip)

I don't know what they accept in fundies but this BPW is really great : as the OP said he might buy it and rent something else for his courses, he will not regret it.

The price ? It is my money ! Why are there always someone to say it is expensive ! Who care about what I do with my money ??
Better for less expensive ? It is a very well thought product and seems very reliable. Yes there is cheaper things that are very nice, adapted and simple but I still prefer this one that is very well adapted to me...

And @PfcAJ it doesn't really add complication but it sure has its benefits.

I’ve seen that scubapro setup with a continuous piece of webbing so yes it will work for fundies if you use a traditional harness. It’s just expensive compared to any other backplate & wing setup and doesn’t function any differently.

Bob Sherwood sells them at his shop you could give him a call and ask about them if you really wanted to.

I’ve seen that scubapro setup with a continuous piece of webbing so yes it will work for fundies if you use a traditional harness. It’s just expensive compared to any other backplate & wing setup and doesn’t function any differently.
Yes, that's not the "pro" version as in the link the OP put in is first message

I'm not toi impressed with that plate, either. Only a single strap on the tank and it's not clear that it could even accommodate a set of doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom