Dock fees have jumped the shark at the Cozumel Palace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at the Palace quite a few times, and went out with AquaSafari. A year or more ago they stopped allowing you to use credits to purchase your diving - that was when we decided to go elsewhere.

Maybe my vote doesn't count since I already ditched them when they stopped letting you use points for diving, but I would NEVER pay $25 per person to use their pier, and I wouldn't allow that to pressure me into diving with them. That feels so ugly.

That would sting if they figured it out!
I'd tell them in a loud voice as I walked out, but then I'd never stay there. I like a nice, cheap room downtown close to the heart of town.

There's the Intercontinental at the marina. South of that is the Fiesta Americana. There's also a number of reasonably priced condos near the Fiesta Americana. Also, Sunscape Sabor. I've never stayed at any of those, except the condos, so I can't compare them. The Sunscape looks nice, though.c

Currently there is no pier access allowed for pick ups at the Fiesta Americana due to the ongoing legal issues with the beach there.

We stayed at the Palace quite a few times, and went out with AquaSafari. A year or more ago they stopped allowing you to use credits to purchase your diving - that was when we decided to go elsewhere.

Maybe my vote doesn't count since I already ditched them when they stopped letting you use points for diving, but I would NEVER pay $25 per person to use their pier, and I wouldn't allow that to pressure me into diving with them. That feels so ugly.
I just looked and currently you can use your resort credits for diving, but only for “large boat, two tank trips” not for afternoon or night dives.

I went on a slow boat from town once, years ago, not for me. I wouldnt mind trying the Palace with my family, but $25pp dock fee wouldn‘t work for us.

I just looked and currently you can use your resort credits for diving, but only for “large boat, two tank trips” not for afternoon or night dives.
That's was their policy for as long as we went there (dating back to 2015?). Are you owners? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's different for owners versus non-owners for using credits for diving.

That's was their policy for as long as we went there (dating back to 2015?). Are you owners? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's different for owners versus non-owners for using credits for diving.
Hi Kimela,

oh nooo, not owners. I looked at the Aquasafari website under accommodations.

WOW, what do you get for $25?

I would expect cheeleaders on the dock, a mariachi band, and a cold beer on my return to the dock...
And valets to carry your gear to the boat?

I still don't understand charging hotel guests even $3/day to use any part of a property like the dock? A penthouse concierge lounge, sure, but how much to walk on the grass? Public bathrooms?

Hi Kimela,

oh nooo, not owners. I looked at the Aquasafari website under accommodations.
1645543516571.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom