Dock fees have jumped the shark at the Cozumel Palace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Palace has stairs leading to the water or you can jump off of their pier....Just have to time the waves upon re-entry....

They own a dive op, for them it is like a cork fee when people bring their own wine.

They own a dive op, for them it is like a cork fee when people bring their own wine.
True, but lots of other hotels have resident dive ops; most don't charge their guests for the use of their dock if they dive with another op, and those that do only charge a couple of US bucks.

Here's a question: would the Palace charge my group of seven fisherpersons US$175 for our fishing boat charter to pick us up and drop us off there?

True, but lots of other hotels have resident dive ops; most don't charge their guests for the use of their dock if they dive with another op, and those that do only charge a couple of US bucks.

Here's a question: would the Palace charge my group of seven fisherpersons US$175 for our fishing boat charter to pick us up and drop us off there?

I have no idea if they charge for fishing charters. Other hotels have resident dive ops but don’t own them. It makes a difference. People have lots of other choices, but it is easy to understand their approach when they have their own operation.

I have no idea if they charge for fishing charters. Other hotels have resident dive ops but don’t own them. It makes a difference. People have lots of other choices, but it is easy to understand their approach when they have their own operation.
Well, I don't have a dog in that hunt; I don't picture myself ever staying at the Palace, but if it were a close thing, the amount of the dock fee and the disinclination on my part to dive with the resident op would tip the scale away from that hotel. If they charge fishing boats the dock fee, then that would seal the deal.

Hit em in the pocket book.

Iberostar is STILL worse. They charge the dive op for the month. So small op with just a diver or two there pays a LOT per dive than some big op that might have 30 divers there in a month.

So if you like "YOUR" special small operator, Ibero's policy is working against them.

This is from a FB review of the Palace on Cozumel 4 You, posted today.

"The dock fee has changed so much. When we check in, it was $25. By the end of our stay, they had removed the signs and the fee and when we asked the front counter, they said it was free to be picked up on their dock. "

The Cozumel Palace dock fee has been waived. There is no longer a fee to use the pier for any operator. No charge at all. We have been back to picking up our divers at their pier since mid-July with no fees.

I guess they learned it wasn't a profitable move.

The Cozumel Palace dock fee has been waived. There is no longer a fee to use the pier for any operator. No charge at all. We have been back to picking up our divers at their pier since mid-July with no fees.

I guess they learned it wasn't a profitable move.
That’s fantastic!!

Back
Top Bottom