Dock fees have jumped the shark at the Cozumel Palace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And valets to carry your gear to the boat?
AquaSafari does not carry your gear to the boat at the Palace, though that would have been a nice touch.

I think that website is outdated and no longer reliable. I have a friend who is an owner and can still use credits for diving, but I'd heard that the Palace isn't allowing non-owners to do so. I don't know the 'truth' though - just hearsay.
It's not that non-members can't use credits on diving, it's that they no longer get resort credits. I think (but not certain) Palace stopped offering them to non-members when they first reopened after the covid shutdown. Non-members could still get and use credits if they book as a referral through a member

AquaSafari does not carry your gear to the boat at the Palace, though that would have been a nice touch.
My Op picks up my gear at my hotel, puts it on the boat every morning, rinses it after a trip, stores it, and brings it again. I do carry my suit, camera, mask, coffee bottle, booties, and such.

I hardly think that the owners of the Cozumel Palace are local! The new fee kinda reminds me of the corporate greed we have seen in the US that makes needed goods and services out of reach for many. Some call it capitalism rather than greedy. There are always people that will pay. Even if I could afford it at The Palace, I would never pay $50 a day more for my husband and to go diving at an already expensive AI. I would choose to support the local economy by paying for a local cab to the marina And diving with a locally owned op.

Well don't forget this isnt the first. Iberostar year ago started charging the dive op to pickup there. Sneaky way to indirectly charge their guests. And it was badly designed so that a smaller op with only a couple iberostar clients was paying alot to pick them up. Hence I remember and agreed with Aldora Dave that everyone should swim out to the boat. Fight the man!!!

everyone should swim out to the boat.
I have been picked up at the beach near a dock before.

The new fee kinda reminds me of the corporate greed we have seen in the US that makes needed goods and services out of reach for many. Some call it capitalism rather than greedy.
Charging out-of-market prices is not capitalism. Taking your business to a competitor that offers better prices and services is capitalism.

.....I would never pay $50 a day more for my husband and to go diving at an already expensive AI. I would choose to support the local economy by paying for a local cab to the marina And diving with a locally owned op.
aka, capitalism 👆

Back
Top Bottom