Do all agree ATOMIC is indisputable best!!!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoadWarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
Speak up because I'm about to buy.

Rec dive only in warmer waters. I believe it to be the best breathing regulator made. The B2 unless someone knows of a Reg better than Atomic.

dj

So you want us to confirm what you already think?

In which case, why bother asking for opinion? It sounds like you don't want opinion, but affirmation?

For example, if I were to post "Actually, ABC reg is the best, and here's why..." would you believe me?

I just fail to see the point of your post... :06:

djanni:
Speak up because I'm about to buy.

Rec dive only in warmer waters. I believe it to be the best breathing regulator made. The B2 unless someone knows of a Reg better than Atomic.

dj
Tried them, can not say that are superior to other that I've tried.
Otherwise, what Boogie said.

Boogie711:
So you want us to confirm what you already think?

In which case, why bother asking for opinion? It sounds like you don't want opinion, but affirmation?

For example, if I were to post "Actually, ABC reg is the best, and here's why..." would you believe me?

I just fail to see the point of your post... :06:

Yeah, I'm asking for confirmation. If I didn't want an opinion I would not have posted. It's not a case of money but at the same time I'm "NOT" looking to buy the $1,700 T2. I've been diving 5 or 6 years. I used an Atomic during a 12 dive vacation last year. So natural with the breathing my bottom times were about 10 minutes longer regardless of situation. Still $560 (discounted) is a lot. I might try a different one if someone here had a compelling reason to do so.

dj

Personally I like the Apeks TX100 but it doesn't matter what we prefer. You buy what you will be happiest with. Everything I hear about the Atomic regs is positive.

I guess I missed something. Are you paying $1700 or $560?

I love my Scuba Pro's. I don't need titanium. To answer the question in your original post, no, I don't agree. I seriously doubt the majority on the board would agree.

If you love the Atomics over anything you have tried, then buy it and be happy. There isn't anything wrong with that.

TwoBit

It's your money I have an Atomic, A Mares Ruby, and a Oceanic, All breathe well and work fine I guess all top end regulators work.. IMHO depends on local service you can get.

I have a Mares Proton Metal and love it. Breathes easy and consistent at 10' or 110'. Although I live in a warm water area it is rated for cold water just in case. $299 at ScubaToys. Personally, I don't see the need for a titanium reg unless your diving in a cesspool or chemical dump.

The best regulator on the market......is the one that makes you happy to use!

I have 5 regs, by three manufacturers, and they all work just fine.

Do I have a favorite, it's a toss up between my Apex ATX200 and my Mares Abyss. Both perform very well at any depth, and I have used both to depths well below recreational levels, in water that is 3c .

If you think you have tried enough different regs., by different manufacturers, in enough environments, to lead you to this choice. Then well done and move forward with the purchase.

If you have doubts about it in any way, then keep looking for a while. If you keep coming back to this reg, then the choice is clear. The bottom line is that what ever choice you ultimately make, someone will agree with it, and someone will not. But neither of them matter, as long as you are happy with the choice.

Back
Top Bottom