Diving with women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost forgot the original topic of this post was regarding possible menstrual blood in the water from a female buddy. Quite frankly I'd never even given that subject a thought. I probably give off more blood from cuts and bruises than any of my female dive buddies do. Non issue in my mind. There are other differences (mostly positive) to consider, but I would never bne concerned about this issue.

Dr. Bill

Washow88 I do plan my dive and dive my plan, just not with those particular girls because I know I won't be able to do the dive in a way I like and that's fair enough. The look of disgust and horror and comments of boring and no fun when my buddy and I said we wanted to do some wreck dives on the recent holiday was enough to make me aware of the fact that they were not the people I want to dive with.

My boyf who recently did his IE had all female examiners and they were all excellant divers and he had nothing but good to say about them.

Female students take longer to kit up - yes totally agree as I am often on the poolside helping them with stuff during the courses and I have no probs with that - I did it myself as a student but these three have been diving for more than two years and are all rescue qualified. Tides wait for no man and it doesn't impress me when I have to help some-one else's buddy kit up because her own buddy has gotten herself in her kit and refuses to move cause she is feeling seasick. Nor does it impress me when they take so long to get in the water that the first pair who had gone in are back on the boat having done their dive and the girls find it funny that they took so long.

In case anyone thinks I am having a go - I am female too and all I am doing is pointing out that there are some girls that would make me wary about diving with females, but by the same token there are some blokes that I see and think I am so lucky I have a couple of regular buddy's and don't need to worry about findig some-one to dive with.

Sue :blush:

Here are the top two questions I've been answering over and over again for the last seven years. For question two please keep in mind that I live in the New York metro area.

Jen dives too.........really????

Is there anything down there? :rolleyes:

Scott

Alrighty then! :D
Who wants to go diving?!

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Who wants to go diving?!

Anytime!

Monterey though, since I can't get to NJ anytime soon.

I'll buy lunch.

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Who wants to go diving?!

I do, I do, I do!! I was going to go last night but everyone is freakin' out over the remains of this hurricane that is hitting us. I am hoping to hit the water once more before I leave for FLA this weekend.

As far as woman dive buddies. I think they are great. When I buddy up with a female I am always diving longer, not losing my buddy and having a good surface interval. The difference between the men and women I know:
Men-
Every sentence has at least three swear words in it
1 is usually GD/JC or some other sacreligous word
Every other sentence has a car mentioned in it
when they are not talking about cars they are bragging how much beer they can drink.

women-
Dont swear
dont like cars
dont guzzle beer
They can carry a normal conversation with out having to remind themselves how smart,strong and wonderful they are.

double125's once bubbled...

I do, I do, I do!! I was going to go last night but everyone is freakin' out over the remains of this hurricane that is hitting us. I am hoping to hit the water once more before I leave for FLA this weekend.

As far as woman dive buddies. I think they are great. When I buddy up with a female I am always diving longer, not losing my buddy and having a good surface interval. The difference between the men and women I know:
Men-
Every sentence has at least three swear words in it
1 is usually GD/JC or some other sacreligous word
Every other sentence has a car mentioned in it
when they are not talking about cars they are bragging how much beer they can drink.

women-
Dont swear
dont like cars
dont guzzle beer
They can carry a normal conversation with out having to remind themselves how smart,strong and wonderful they are.

Sounds like you don't know the right women, or men for that matter...

women-
Dont swear
dont like cars
dont guzzle beer
Do too. *buuuuuurrrrrrp*

women-
Dont swear
dont like cars
dont guzzle beer

My first boat dive we were unpacking the truck when the captain fired up the boat VRRRROOOOOM! I perked right up! One of my friends asked what was wrong--"Nothing, that's a 454 big block, I LOVE the sound of a 454! Makes my insides all GOOEY!" Naturally the boat doesn't have a muffler so it sounds even better! It's all I can do to keep from proposing to the Captain!

I did ask him what size the engine was when we boarded and I was right! I told him I love the sound of those engines and he said, "Race car girl huh?" Nope, just love that engine!

Thanks for bringing up a great memory Double125's :)
Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom