Diving with women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeN||

Reaction score
:wink: Diving with a female partner this week in Monterey, and after reading some posts in this section, I am wondering if there are indeed special considerations for diving with women buddies, i.e., the issue of ahem menstruation, for example; other concerns, possibly? Thanks for the info:) zeN||

I am male and seek out to dive with females as much as possible:

1. I can get 10-15% more bottom time because they hardly breathe

2. I can get 10-15% more bottom time because it's never a race to cover the most ground possible

Having little tiny lungs and no heart women are able to stay below for days. I have found that most women divers are content to follow. I prefer to be alongside each other when diving, cuts back on the turn arounds.

Enjoy yourself, hopefully you've found a good dive buddy there.

Al Mialkovsky once bubbled...
Having little tiny lungs and no heart women are able to stay below for days.
Oh, come ON, some of us have hearts. I swear. It's true.

SueMermaid once bubbled...

Oh, come ON, some of us have hearts. I swear. It's true.
You may be right, I think I saw a show about that on the discovery channel once.:)

Why do I get this icky feeling when I read this thread? It's like you are talking about diving with a different species. Were you all raised by wolves? :)
Just treat us underwater the same as above water. Simple enough?
We're not gonna attract sharks, or break a nail, or start crying, or try to get you to talk about where our relationship is going. We're there for the same reason you are.

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Why do I get this icky feeling when I read this thread? It's like you are talking about diving with a different species. Were you all raised by wolves? :)
Just treat us underwater the same as above water. Simple enough?
We're not gonna attract sharks, or break a nail, or start crying, or try to get you to talk about where your relationship is going. We're there for the same reason you are.

I had thought the same thing...but you put it much better than I would have.

And I was raised by a wolf...er...a 20 yr. marine...(they are equivalent, right?)

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom