Best Maldives resort for diving end Jan24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjpw

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear All, happy new year..
I am planning to come to maldives for the last week of january 2024 and am trying to decide where to go.. my Buddy doesnt want to do a liveaboard and prefers a resort and wanted to get as much diving as possible.. which resort would you reccommend for an experienced divers who just want to have some great dives? the diving is more important to us than the resort..
Thanks for the info , much appreciated

Thank you! any other suggestions? I saw the rooms and they are quite pricey

I saw the rooms and they are quite pricey
It's the Maldives

There are other far cheaper options if you don't need alcohol.

Thank you for the information. really appreciated.. Isnt there a guide to resort diving in the maldives.. i only found the padi guide but it looks like sponsored content..Thanks again

Have a look to Prodivers and their dive basis, they are generally really good....
We spent many years diving with them in Kuredu in August , it is also a good resort, reasonable value for money in our view...
We like Laviani athol since it is a bit out of the usual destinations, no risks to find another diving boat at any site, and there are some awesome dive sites like Kuredu express, Fushivaru Thila/kandu/corner, KFFK...
Prodivers organizes scooter dives which I recommend, on request they organize private boat trips as well, if needed.
My two cents...

Thank you! any other suggestions? I saw the rooms and they are quite pricey

Almost impossible to find any resort in Maldives under $250 per night IIRC. But you can stay on local islands on a budget of $60-$70 per night in some pretty decent hotel rooms without any alcohol available anywhere. Usually the local dive shops tie up with local hotels on the island for a package that includes 2 dives per day and stay with bed+breakfast+dinner. 3 dives per day are also possible when there is a minimum N pax to make it profitable - so give the dive shop some tentative dates and ask them the best time to come so that they will coordinate and arrange for a disparate group of tourist divers on the same dates - to be able to take out the bigger 16+ diver boat(s) to the far away dive sites.

Right now you are planing too far ahead - check a month before with local dives shops at tentative island locations and they will already have a list of expected divers on the coming dates - to be able to suggest optimal dates.

I can give you my shortlist: Embudu, Eriyadu, Bandos, Ellaidhoo. These are mostly 3 star resorts with decent dive centres and housereef.

Back
Top Bottom