Diving with women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, now I feel silly, I knew that.

You gotta love the internet, you can find *anything* if you look in the right places. Thanks, Martha! :eek:ut:

Well I thought I would go for the really girlie pink just for the hell of it...

I must admint this thread is fantastic, I have never seen so much knicker twisting and plain old neanderthal thinking. Though I must say, with some of the comments, I can well understand those knickers getting in a twist.

Yes there are differences between men and woman (the age old story again I guess) but no they do not need to get in the way of sharing a dive together.

I too had heard that menstrual blood is dead matter, and of little interest to sharks, in fact girls, we should be more concerned about the fact that there is potentially a very slight increase in the risk of getting bent whilst "on the rag" so to speak. This has not been researched fully, but maybe a good thing to bear in mind, so it may be a good idea to err a little more on the side of conservatism than usual on those days. Until we know more that is.

As far as all the other stuff goes, I guess you will have exceptions to every rule, a woman adrenaline junkie who likes to push it, a female gas guzzler, likewise you have men who's air lasts forever (my boyfriend is a fish, it is soooo frustrating, especially when I am actually quite good on my air by anyone else's standards), you also get the guys who love the reefs and the girls who just want to do wrecks.

Either way, I would say that the most important thing is to be a good buddie, whatever, dive as a team and you will both be happy.

Well, I wish you all great diving, male or female...
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom