Divers Song Parodies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It must be Monday morning, Pete? It's not? Well anyway, as usual (even though it's a revamp of an old parody)... very well done. I'm sure UP would have enjoyed that one :eek:ut:

We gotta get you some more songs to parody... :clapping:

I've just spotted this thread for the first time. Incredible. What a wealth of creative talent. I've almost ruptured myself laughing. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't the Welsh quite lyrical and vocal?? Dylan Thomas... Aled Jones, Tom Jones etc etc :eek:ut:

This is a brilliant thread... it gives me no end of pleasure... I've even used some of these parodies in a talent show we had on our last night in the Similans! They went down a treat, Pete... forgot to tell you :wink:

Just keep giving us more!

You're right. We Welsh do have a reputation along those lines although personally I can't sing a note.

I don't know if they ever show the 6 Nations Rugby championship on TV where you live but if they do tune into a Wales home game in Cardiff and listen to the Welsh national anthem being sung. It is really moving, and up there with all the best anthems such as US, Russia, Germany.

and although I'm not a huge rugby fan, I have heard your national anthem... It is moving.

Doesn't matter if you can't sing - can you write lyrics? Or parodies of lyrics? :eek:ut:

Originally posted by divedude
NetDoc do you need a agent=-)

Chu know... I never tried to write songs before this board. Since then I just can't stop it. It's fun and relaxing for me. As for an agent... sure! Sign me up! Sometimes I go through periods where I write other parodies (not SCUBA related), but I seem to always be thinking of something. Not sure if they are good or not, but they are fun to do.

I'm going to print some out and liven up our next club meeting.
I might even sing some if there are no sharp objects in the room.
Although they may not let me renew my membership.

With my apologies to Billy Joel and all those who loved "For the Longest Time..."

I have taken my last breath so it seems!
And I know exactly what that means!
I'm gonna turn blue,
Unless I get air from you,
I haven't breathed now for the lo-o-o-o-ongest time!

oooo-o-o-o, for the longest time!
o-o-o, for the longset time!

When I started, I know my tank was full,
And the most mysterious thing of all,
Is where it went to,
And where my buddy went too,
I haven't seen him for the lo-o-o-ongest time!

I didn't plan my dive that well, I know!
Now my SPG has nothing left to show!
My buddy should be here...
With some needed air!
I haven't breathed now for the lo-o-o-o-ongest time!

Back
Top Bottom