Divers Song Parodies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... go back a few pages - I think it was written by Ontario Diver?

Not that you shouldn't do another one of course :D

TM - the Chrissie ones are a good idea... will have to have a think on that, since I've only been able to come up with one parody myself so far.

:idea:

I've got one for you NetDoc. How about "The End" by the Doors?
You could turn it into "The Dive".

Walk This Way by Aerosmith?

Originally posted by TexasMike
I was one of the folks that fed you the songs to parodize....

How about
  • "I want a new drug" by Huey Lewis and the News
  • "I can drive 55" by Sammy Hagar (perhaps something along the lines of being unable to dive 55 cf tanks)
  • Any (or all) of the christmas carols since we are about to hit the season
  • "Blue Suede Fins", a parody of Elvis (we need a smiley with the correct lip curl and swivelling hips)
  • "Teddy Bear", also by Elvis
  • "I feel good," by James Brown
That should keep you busy for an hour or so...

I would love to try if I knew the words (only have a vague memory of some of them). Does anybody know a good Web site where we can get the orginal lyrics?

Originally posted by Greg G.
I would love to try if I knew the words (only have a vague memory of some of them). Does anybody know a good Web site where we can get the orginal lyrics?
I'm able to find some lyrics through www.ask.com by typing in "_____(song name) lyrics" as the search parameter.

With apologies to the Beatles, their fans and ANY one who love "Lady Madonna"... with grattitude to Lady Diver for NOT kicking me off of the board...

Lady Diver; Fins upon your feet…
I wonder how she manages to dive so deep!
Lady Diver; Mask upon her face…
I wonder where she finds the time to run this place!

Monday morning takin’ care of SCUBAboard,
Tuesday morning breakfast with KN!
Wednesday morning going on her surf board…
Will it ever end???

Lady Diver; Red pen in her hand!
She’s wonderin’ if Iggy will ever pull that stunt again?
Lady Diver, having to deal with JoeWR too…
This time’s she’s gonna have to use her pen of blue!

Thursday morning, she can’t find her wet suit.
Friday morning, she’s getting set to dive!
Saturday she’s putting on her dive boots!
It’s so great to be alive!!!

Lady Diver; Fins upon your feet…
I wonder how she manages to dive so deep!
Lady Diver; Mask upon her face…
I wonder where she finds the time to run this place!

:tease:

Hey, you guys are pretty good! I don't have the talent for writing like you do but I do have an idea. After watching students donning 1/4 inch wetsuits for checkout dives I always wanted to make a video of them. However, a song would be needed. I was considering one to the tune of "Kung-Fu Fighting" that would be called "Wetsuit Wrestling." Unfortunately I'm no song writer. That would be something fun to show on the first day of class!

Ber :bunny:

I think you DO have the knack... WHAT a connection, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. 3/4 of the battle is to get THAT type of connection going. I'm gonna let you try it first, and if you get stuck just give me a holler. I think this should almost write itself... In fact I think you just inspired one in me... by George Michael... "You gotta have Air!" (it was his "Faith" song). I'll work on this one for a spell, while you try and get your dander up over Wetsuit Fighting.

:tease:

NetDoc, guess I could give it a try but I'll have to find a copy of the song first, can't believe I don't have one! I love working with students for two reasons; watching their faces when they finally "get" something that they were having trouble with and watching them get geared up for their first open water dive (in Ohio)!

Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom