Diver categories. What traits do you share?

Diver categories

• Obsessive Collector

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Rules Follower

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Rule Breaker

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Carefree but Confident

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • The Minimalist

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • The Technical Diver

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • The good Teaching Professional

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • I'm new and don't know yet.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • None of the above - See my post

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is true that I am a self professed Dork Diver but I still fall into a few of the above categories.:D

Shockingly #4 - the only non-professional category without a "zinger" in it - is far and away the number one choice.

:D

Shockingly #4 - the only non-professional category without a "zinger" in it - is far and away the number one choice.

Are you saying the poll response was designed? :crafty:
Or could it just be that most divers are carefree but confident.:wink:

Are you saying the poll response was designed? :crafty:
Or could it just be that most divers are carefree but confident.:wink:

a.) Every poll designed by a human is designed with that human's bias

b.) Be careful how you report your results because in any survey "respondents" are always different than "the population" (so called "respondent bias")

People who respond to surveys have a greater tendency to want their responses known than those who don't respond (no kidding, huh?) but this will greatly impact survey results, skewing results towards either one extreme or another, or perhaps even a bimodal distribution.

Further, people who hold beliefs that are considered "unpopular" or "socially/politically incorrect" participate in surveys to a far lesser degree than people with "mainstream" viewpoints. This is true even of anonymous surveys. The little "zingers" put in there (hate to keep harping on them) will keep people from selecting them as a choice or from participating in the survey altogether.

Lastly, ScubaBoard participants are different than "most divers." We've got a much greater skew towards people who take a careful and deliberate approach to diving than "most divers."

My experience travelling all over the world to dive and being a DM on a diveboat is that most divers are "carefree and oblivious" - regardless of what THEY think they are!

If ScubaBoard is interested I could probably have one of my market research colleagues design an online questionaire to determine what the naturally occuring segmention of divers actually is. Typically you ask a wide range of questions and then aggregate the results to determine what segments people fall into. You don't start with defined segments and then look to see if they exist.

If ScubaBoard is interested I could probably have one of my market research colleagues design an online questionaire to determine what the naturally occuring segmention of divers actually is. Typically you ask a wide range of questions and then aggregate the results to determine what segments people fall into. You don't start with defined segments and then look to see if they exist.

I'd love to see those results.:D

Back
Top Bottom