Dive Luggage suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately out of stock but worth waiting for
+1. Love this bag.

Best features: 1) low weight because there is no frame. 2) wheels (wife got sick of watching me hump my 150L North Face Camp Duffel (no wheels), 3) at 130L big enough to be a body bag, 4) water proof, 5) durable, 6) doesn't have dive logos all over it (i.e. doesn't say "steal my sh*t" to everyone or, if flying United Airlines "in case of weight balancing throw this bag off first").

Appears in stock at:

I use Stahlsac Caicos Cargo wheeled bags they are lightweight and have multiple pockets for your gear. Mine has about a dozen trips on it and is still in great shape. To me duffels suck for flying especially on long trips with multiple connections.
I've got this bag, too, and it has been wonderful. I can even fit some extra clothing/etc. in most cases and it's been under 50lbs but very easy to move around.

Would the bag be worth more to the thief than the contents?

Have you tried to get warranty repair on your Stahlsac? I had a large Stahlsac bag that was damaged and my LDS where I bought it had to luck with warranty. Now I have a carry on Stahlsac and I sent in the form four days ago and have heard nothing back. I just sent and email. Do you have a telephone number for them that is working? All of the numbers that I try for either Stahlsac or Huish tell me they are not in service. TIA
I have had mine for about 5 or 6 years now and haven't had any problems with it.

I use an offshore bag that was designed to go to the oil rigs. Tough, water proof, durable, and easy to spot at the airport. Mine has probably 200 flights on it plus helicopter transfers and being dragged across platforms. There are various types and price wise they are very reasonable.

Looks like a great bag! It's similar to the Osprey Transporter 120 -- which is awesome -- but lighter and a lot cheaper. Does the lack of internal structure and a telescoping handle create issues when rolling? I have had rolling duffles in the past that flexed and caused me to stoop uncomfortably.

For years I have used an earlier 2-wheel version of this Samsonite F'lite and it is great for carrying dive gear -- basically a light, huge plastic shell with hardly any fabric inside to get musty and no zipper to wear out. And I like the fact that it is not a dive gear brand, since some airlines (and ferries) can give you hassle about dive gear.

Does the lack of internal structure and a telescoping handle create issues when rolling? I have had rolling duffles in the past that flexed and caused me to stoop uncomfortably.
No. Works fine. Has compression straps which help with rigidity. Putting fins/BP on the bottom would also create that. Also has shoulder straps so can become a backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom