Dive Luggage suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Painter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I travel by plane to dive a couple of times a year. My most recent piece of luggage for checking has been a duffel bag, and packing as efficiently as I can (reg and certain other heavy-ish items in my carry-on) I still weigh in at just under 50 pounds. BCD and fins won't fit in my carry-on, so they are probably the heaviest gear in my bag.
On my last trip, flying in and out of Miami, I had to drag my duffel a lot, and I ended up wearing right through it. Now I am looking for the largest, lightest wheeled duffel that I can find. Any suggestions?

I use Stahlsac Caicos Cargo wheeled bags they are lightweight and have multiple pockets for your gear. Mine has about a dozen trips on it and is still in great shape. To me duffels suck for flying especially on long trips with multiple connections.

Have a look at the REI wheeled duffles.

I agree about not using a Scuba specific bag. I think they're way overpriced and agree they're a target for thieves. I use this bag from eBags. BCD and clothes fit in the interior part that folds open. Fins, mask and other small stuff fit in the top compartments. On non-dive trips it holds a ridiculous amount, I fit a King-sized quilt in it once!

Now that I'm looking it's 12lbs which seems heavy. My gear is always just under the 50lb mark as well. I don't know if traditional Scuba bags are lighter?

I like my Stahlsac Curacao Clipper. The logo are subtle enough that it doesn’t stand out as a dive bag. Great interior space and the right amount of space for about 50 lbs of stuff.

Unfortunately out of stock but worth waiting for

Back
Top Bottom