Dive Luggage suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a great bag! It's similar to the Osprey Transporter 120 -- which is awesome -- but lighter and a lot cheaper. Does the lack of internal structure and a telescoping handle create issues when rolling? I have had rolling duffles in the past that flexed and caused me to stoop uncomfortably.
Finds make nice stiffeners . I just loop the handle over the long telescoping handle of my spinner carry on and make a trailer.

I use an offshore bag that was designed to go to the oil rigs. Tough, water proof, durable, and easy to spot at the airport. Mine has probably 200 flights on it plus helicopter transfers and being dragged across platforms. There are various types and price wise they are very reasonable.

More information please, website????

I’ve been toting an Ortlieb Duffle RS bag around the world for a few years now. I actually have two because a strap broke on my first one and they sent a new one under warranty and said keep the broke one. I sewed it up and its good to go. The 120L is a big bag, pretty easy to over pack. I’m looking at replacing it with a Duffle RG which has a better handle to drag it around. These are heavy but bombproof. I’ve been living out of one for years now and holding up excellent.

Duffle RS

Unfortunately out of stock but worth waiting for

I borrowed one from a friend for a trip. I wish that the base was stiffer. The flexibility made it hard to wheel around especially when lugging on sidewalks. It bends making portability a tad hard. Granted, I get everything inside and I’m allowed 70lbs but I used a standard black 32” suitcase with 4 wheels on my last trip and it was way better.

This is what I use. Very light as it does not have a hard base but it’s super light. A little narrow but it’s good. Also Eagle Creek
I have an Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 110L.
It is 4.5lbs, has wheels but no internal frame. When fully packed it becomes rigid enough to roll around on the wheels. The 40L bag weighs 2.0lbs
Whether or not I'm packing a drysuit for the BC coast or wetsuit for a Mexico cave, it holds everything I need and never gets close to 50lbs. My Regs and battery devices are carry-on.
It's been around the world over the past 7 years and is still holding up very well.

1718802186402.png

I have an Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 110L.
It is 4.5lbs, has wheels but no internal frame. When fully packed it becomes rigid enough to roll around on the wheels. The 40L bag weighs 2.0lbs
Whether or not I'm packing a drysuit for the BC coast or wetsuit for a Mexico cave, it holds everything I need and never gets close to 50lbs. My Regs and battery devices are carry-on.
It's been around the world over the past 7 years and is still holding up very well.

View attachment 846727
Also take up very little space when empty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom