Dive Luggage suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Point taken, but I’m counting on the fact that most thieves don’t ski or scuba. :wink:
Most thieves don't wear Rolexes or Cartier either!

I have an Osprey Shuttle and absolutely love it.

They come in different sizes. I think I have the 100L which I picked up at my LDS and it is the perfect size. It is lightweight and Osprey stands behind their Warranty.

LOL, you know, I sometimes wonder about that. Who is going to steal it? You mean during transit by the airlines or before or after? Let's see, any large bag of gear that is heavy and lumpy checked to Cozumel, Cayman, Bonaire etc., etc. and other common scuba destinations, surely the baggage handlers know that the 50 pounds bag they just strained their back on is chocked full of expensive scuba gear? Be it ugly and dumpy or pretty and fancy? I have never had anything stolen despite my roller bag being clearly a scuba kit bag. Beat to Hades, yes, abused, yes, but stolen, no. What else would be in it headed to the Caymans, rocks and underwear?:fear:
I
It happens. I've had a couple of regs stolen by the airlines, must have been the handlers [who else?] but never knew until I got home.

An older thread, but ANY large rolling duffel bag will work. We use the LL Beem and have for about 10 years. Just pack it correctly and all gear will arrive safely. Fins on the bottom then BC and cover with wetsuits. I carry reg in my backpack.
We also have been using the llbean rolling duffels for years. On our 2nd set. When an axel came loose and the wheel ended up square from dragging they said it was not repairable and they would replace it. I bought some inline skate wheels and got a ton more years of use. Current set a wheel split returning from Bonaire last month. I ordered new wheels, but getting them out is a bit more difficult on this generation. These have the separate zippered bottom which is great for fins, etc. Unfortunately the new bags do not have a separate section anymore.

Back
Top Bottom