DIR-F Lite - "Essentials of Diving"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Why? GUE doesn't have the rights to the phrase "Do it Right". As a matter of fact, there is a truck towing company near me that uses "Doing it Right!" as a slogan.

I'm well aware they don't have a trademark - Diverite is ( or was) after it after they dropped the claim - That should have livened things up :D .

The DIR/GUE/Halcyon group has been a little lawsuit happy in the past - Just ask Oxycheck ( and a number of others ) about dema a couple of years ago. It can cost far more to defend yourself in a suit than you lose by paying.

onfloat:
Why? He owns it.

He owns What? DIR, GUE or anything else that has a bearing on this?
If you meant his shops name - wow now there's a news flash, eh?

It is a quite interesting news.

In other thread, many DIR divers argued that GUE isn't interested in the recreational diving stuff. They are still remained in the genuine and original dark side.

But, they are apprently jumping in the recreational market. I just hope this won't be another market gimmick, such as DIR Lite must be before DIR-F class.

hoosier:
It is a quite interesting news.

In other thread, many DIR divers argued that GUE isn't interested in the recreational diving stuff. They are still remained in the genuine and original dark side.

But, they are apprently jumping in the recreational market. I just hope this won't be another market gimmick, such as DIR Lite must be before DIR-F class.
Sigh....The class they are talking about is not a GUE class. Its a workshop by the Ex-Training director for GUE, who now teaches under the NAUI flag.

Sigh~~~Oh~~~ I SEE....:06: Darn Tyrenol Cold~~~

JeffG:
Sigh....The class they are talking about is not a GUE class. Its a workshop by the Ex-Training director for GUE, who now teaches under the NAUI fl:06: ag.

Hey Jeff, never noticed the "eye" thing before. Nice touch.

And believe me, the clowns really can swim.

"I would like to hear other folks feelings about it."

What a great idea. Now that I have my c-card, I can now learn how to dive. Sounds like a great course. Starting out at 48 I am not looking to get too technical but good diving skills would be a great asset here in the north atlantic. Only problem is, Where do you take it? (the course)

CIBDiving:
He owns What? DIR, GUE or anything else that has a bearing on this?
If you meant his shops name - wow now there's a news flash, eh?
I figured you meant the 5thdx/fifthd thing. Since Andrew is no longer GUE and DIR is not trademarked. My fault for assuming :D

TheSignGuy:
"I would like to hear other folks feelings about it."

What a great idea. Now that I have my c-card, I can now learn how to dive. Sounds like a great course. Starting out at 48 I am not looking to get too technical but good diving skills would be a great asset here in the north atlantic. Only problem is, Where do you take it? (the course)

I was wondering the same thing, being in almost exactly the same boat as you. (Yes, that was a pun.)

Safe Diving

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom