DEPP insurance questions - split from general insurance thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So State Farm had no trouble covering loss due to a flood? Was flooding specifically mentioned in the policy's wording?

State Farm has (some) insurance available to Canadians, so it might be worth pursuing before I leave for my trip on the 12th. :wink:

NO, actually it was not specific to cause at all. The wording was very general, I remember reading something about a moisture "excluson" when I first bought the policy and I questioned it (saying moisture was why I needed it covered) and then I had them document their answer to my question. If I recall correctly my rates were about 30% less than my DEPP policy.

Noone even reqested the lense which won't auto focus but is otherwise working still after a year.

DEPP just in the past 2 weeks FINALLY coughed up for my friend's camera kit, which was stolen in early March. She had policve reports, the works, and DEPP seriously dragged their heels in processiong the claim, and really fought with her on what was a "comparable" model camera, since hers was discontinued. They came through eventually, but it was a struggle start to finish.

I've had 3 DAN claims, all of which were processed MUCH faster and easier, with very little fuss. Sometimes the claims process didn't get started as fast as I'd have liked, but once going, things wrapped up fast and a check showed up within days.

Ive got next to 20K of camera gear covered with Sandy through DEPP. Never had a claim yet, however adding and removing gear is a snap. Easy, friendly service!

Ken

Heads Up Ken.

Look out Buddy, I am with the many on this one as well, I was with DEPP (Sandy) for years with no problem and I even defended them on this board many times.

Had my first claim, 5-6 months to get compensation, and the worst communication and customer service I have ever experienced in my life time!!

I would not ever insure My worst enemy with DEPP!:shakehead:

Well, that certainly sucks to hear.

I'm insured with DEPP and recently had a question. It was answered within 24 hours.

smb - I haven't found anyone else other than DEPP that clearly covers what I need. I personally have had pretty good experience with them - my claims have all been handled quickly and efficiently.

I will be renewing with them again as long as my questions are answered quickly and as long as they don't do this no contact thing that seems to be the case with several of you.

This is the email address I have been using:
DEPPinfo@AWRYInc.com

Sandy's also has worked for me
Sandy@AWRYInc.com

the problem with depp is that you have to send in the item within 5 days. I might still be traveling and not back home within 5 days, much less unpacked and ready to deal with a flooded camera.

I have Depp policy because recommendations of a lot of fellow divers, unfortunately none of them had placed a claim... I placed mine 3 months ago, and the only answer I get is that the claim is with the brokers. For the past 7 days, I haven't even had a response to my emails. I wonder if they will pay. My equipment was robbed, I submitted the claim along with the police report, but no answer. I am very frustrated.... Do you have any suggestions for other insurance companies that work out of the United States?
I will let you know if they ever pay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom