deep six fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see divers diving single tank, SM, BM doubles, and CCR with Eddys. Not a single complaint.
Was just a guess, they are too light for me.

DW

I love my Eddie Flippers. The quality of construction and material is very high. These are fins you could take anywhere and count on them to be ready to go. I like the light weight, these are not fins for heavy exposure gear but they are perfect for warmer or temperate conditions.

I wish they had a little more snap in the tips. I wish they had a little more blade area, particularly length, just a little. But nothing is perfect and every compromise begets another. However, "best" is a personal choice and right now for my diving the Scubapro Go Sport is best and the Eddie Flippers are waiting their turn back in rotation. Not sure when that will be.
How tall/heavy are you?

I see divers diving single tank, SM, BM doubles, and CCR with Eddys. Not a single complaint.
Eddy are good, jets are better and recons are better yet, for me in the cold water drysuit diving. Eddy are good in warm water, GoSport are better, for me, I may cut the toes open on the Eddy to see if they don’t crunch my toes in light foot wear but I can just wear water shoes with the GS.

Eddy are good, jets are better and recons are better yet, for me in the cold water drysuit diving. Eddy are good in warm water, GoSport are better, for me, I may cut the toes open on the Eddy to see if they don’t crunch my toes in light foot wear but I can just wear water shoes with the GS.
My kids figured that out wearing the water shoes with the go sports. It works well but it did rub a little at the top of the shoe when she was in the pool for hours with them on. It probably depends more on the shoes.

I think it's more personal preference and individual body types than configuration.
For me it is physics. I'm a bonehead, so head heavy. I need heavier fins for round bottomed steel cylinder twinset dry suit diving. If I had flat bottomed ones like they have in Europe, then I could use Eddys too in that configuration.

My kids figured that out wearing the water shoes with the go sports. It works well but it did rub a little at the top of the shoe when she was in the pool for hours with them on. It probably depends more on the shoes.
I wear my go travels with wool socks. no friction and i look cool.

I wear my go travels with wool socks. no friction and i look cool.
Socks and sandals are another great combination. Use sparingly, as you'll have to fight off the ladies. There is no greater aphrodisiac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom