deep six fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What!
Drop and give me fifty, Oh, I am not in the Navy anymore.
Flippers , tanks and goggles.:no:

In 1966 we called a scuba tank a scuba tank and at least Deep Six thinks fins are flippers also:

Therefore while Scubapro Go Sports are indeed fins, the Deep Six Eddy is a flipper :).

James

What!
Drop and give me fifty, Oh, I am not in the Navy anymore.
Flippers , tanks and goggles.:no:
"“Doctor Johnson, I have made a sketch of the prosthetic leg-flipper I want your team to design for me. Once you have completed the prototype, I will test it and make some recommendations.”"

Master Chief Karl Brashear

Shouldn't flippers be discussed in a different forum?
True.
would not be ScubaBoard if we did not go off topic. every so often.
We can buy them here but the postage is too much now, I would love a pair.

In Australia they call them flippers, shrug
at some point in the very late 50's recreational divers and recreational training agencies became a thing. So they started to get all worried they would be confused with snorkelers, and instructors wanted to make themselves sound important and knowledgeable so they started insisting that "divers wear fins, snorkeler's wear flippers". Ego. Don't forget US Divers used "It's a man's world" then on their catalogue and marketing materials as well.

Meanwhile, all the early legends of divers called them flippers.
Plus, fish have fins, marine mammals flippers. We are a mammals using artificial flippers to move around underwater.

Mammals hold their breath and dive underwater, fish breath underwater.
when we are pulling oxygen out of the water while diving to breath, let's revisit that argument. Meanwhile if you gave a dolphin scuba equipment and it used it, it would still be using it's flipper eh?

when we are pulling oxygen out of the water while diving to breath, let's revisit that argument. Meanwhile if you gave a dolphin scuba equipment and it used it, it would still be using it's flipper eh?
Metabolism of oxygen under water is what I do while finning, flippers work in fast food places.

Metabolism of oxygen under water is what I do while finning, flippers work in fast food places.
marine mammals holding breath also metabolize oxygen while breath holding.
You call them what you want, but the insistence that using flippers is wrong is silly, there are good reasons to call them flippers.

marine mammals holding breath also metabolize oxygen while breath holding.
You call them what you want, but the insistence that using flippers is wrong is silly, there are good reasons to call them flippers.
Walking catfish, fins or flippers?😉

Back
Top Bottom