deep six fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How tall/heavy are you?
Well, I am mostly bone and the remnants of muscle long atrophied, lol. I am 5-10 and some and 170 pounds. Swim, bike, run, lift :wink:. No, I do not have floaty legs.

Well, I am mostly bone and the remnants of muscle long atrophied, lol. I am 5-10 and some and 170 pounds. Swim, bike, run, lift :wink:. No, I do not have floaty legs.
I was figuring you were a big guy, as for sidemount, a heavy arse rebreather single tank BP/W with 26 total pounds of lead, 5'11", 190ish lbs, I feel that the Deep 6 Eddys provide more thrust/control than my Hollis F1s. Around here, ScubaPro Jets and Hollis F1s seem to be the more popular fins.

I did pick up a pair of OMS tribal fins purely for the graphics.

Where are they manufactured?

Looks like a nice fin, but I don't like that these and these and the new jets have a stupid hanging hole in the trailing edge.
Glad I'm not the only one. I hate those holes. I'm so happy my Eddy fins come from before that change was made and I only hope that I never need to replace them!

Socks and sandals are another great combination. Use sparingly, as you'll have to fight off the ladies. There is no greater aphrodisiac

Soks and Croks, thank you very much.

Glad I'm not the only one. I hate those holes. I'm so happy my Eddy fins come from before that change was made and I only hope that I never need to replace them!
I like those holes.
I promise to go back on topic.
IMG_20221020_114249.jpg

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to the Red Sea. I was mentally going through what gear I will bring since I am on the road on a little trip now and needing something to day dream about while driving. I was thinking to bag my Scubapro regs and Go Sports for this trip. I will probably bring instead my (two) AL Core Supreme and AL Titan LX Supreme, one yoke, one DIN and, and, wait for it------- my Eddy Flippers!!!!!! :). Yes, and you ask why since I so am infatuated with the SP Go Sports? Easy answer, the Eddy Flippers are more rugged, have a heavy duty spring strap and therefore will get the nod for such an expensive and far flung adventure. So in this case, it will be Go-Eddy Flippers! And they are so cool and techie looking besides even if they are only the second best performing flippers ever :wink:.

Eddy Flippers
What!
Drop and give me fifty, Oh, I am not in the Navy anymore.
Flippers , tanks and goggles.:no:

In Australia they call them flippers, shrug
Oh, no no.
The ones used with bodyboards, and kids in swimming pools, yes.
Scuba and free divers, no.
Old habits die hard.
Or I am 'out of the loop' being an old fart.:yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom