Chick Divers Alert! OCTOBER 16!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krista, I believe you are already on the list.... will call ya now...

Scuba_Jenny:
Parrot Island Scuba is in Ft. Lauderdale, if you are interested, you need to email Kathy.

Simon, the REEF ID class is Saturday morning, not Friday...
Ok thanks
I would be interested but it appears it is full isn't it?

Beachdivequeen
Have you contacted Kathy yet? There are still a couple alternate spots left- ya know, you can go if somebody cancels. It is of most importance to contact Kathy and let her know you are interested.

Confirmed wilth Parrot Island for Saturday morning, but wondering if there may be a cancellation due to Frances (I think she is sore about not being invited!). Are the planners thinking Frances might affect our dive? Guess we should just keep an eye on her and make a decision by Thursday/Friday (for those of us who have to cancel hotel reservations).

If Frances goes in north of Daytona you'll have a west wind and "nearly" calm seas with the possible exception of a southerly running ground swell. The ground swell can make it a bit difficult to get out of Boca or Hillsborrough Inlet as they are not well protected from a swell running in from the north. The only Boston Whaler I've ever seen sink was ironed into the bottom of Boca Inlet by a long period swell out of the north breaking over it. 2 men died that day, the other one i the boat made it to the rocks badly injured but breathing

Make a note to yourself to drive by both inlets and check the surf in between the jetties before boarding any boat in south FL this weekend. If it's all right for getting out you can always surf the boat back in if it builds later, buyt getting out can be tricky. Bottom surge in a heavy swell can be interesting too. Remember to stay ABOVE sharp objects during surge events.

OTOH it's not unusual for bugs to mass up and/or walk in conditons like this. Bring a bag, gauge and a bug stamp!

FT

If the dive is cancelled, it will be rescheduled for Sept 25.

Well, ladies...I just cancelled my hotel reservations in Ft. Lauderdale-thought it would be the wisest decision. I swear, that Frances is quite the party crasher! I hope I can join everyone on the 25th of September if the dive is rescheduled, but can't say for sure at the moment since my sister is due to have her baby any time mid-September onward. Have a good and safe weekend. I'll be holding on here in O-town.

OrlandoRogue:
I hope I can join everyone on the 25th of September if the dive is rescheduled, but can't say for sure at the moment since my sister is due to have her baby any time mid-September onward.

Shouldn't be a problem. 'Canes have a habit of giving babies an incentive for the "early release" program!

FT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom