• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Can we go to Coz yet?

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by wildbill9, May 29, 2020.

1. MachoGrande

MachoGrande Garibaldi

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I stayed at Blue Angel last week and can attest to most everything in P-Dog's report (sorry I missed you!). The hospitality and dive staff are all great, fun people who I will miss.

The street noise is there although it didn't bother me, but I'm from the city. And the street noise is only from cars passing by, not loud/drunk pedestrian traffic. And it seems to die down pretty early on weeknights.

The walk into town is too far to be practical. I did it once, and regretted it. Much better to take a cab or hitch a ride with someone.

I liked the pool more than expected. It is just a simple pool, but it's super clean and the bar staff deliver drinks there, and that's all I need.

The restaurant is also great. I ate there a lot. It's not fine dining, but it is tasty, and the sunset views at dinner time were rad.

My only complaint is that the mosquitos can be jerks, especially after it rains. Bring bug spray.

beaverdivers, Redfoot and P-Dog like this.
  2. Sallygirl

Sallygirl Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Thank you, P-dog! Great information.

3. candacebot

candacebot Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thank you @P-Dog and @MachoGrande for the reviews! Please could you confirm what time breakfast begins in the morning? And is there coffee available anywhere on site earlier than breakfast?

MachoGrande likes this.
  4. SaltwaterNomad

SaltwaterNomad Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Is that 1700 pesos per person? How many can his vehicle hold?

5. flyboy08

flyboy08 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I believe for two. At least that's what it cost us..it was a mini van.

DandyDon and SaltwaterNomad like this.
  6. Snoweman

Snoweman Great White

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    He charged us $90 for two people for round trip. It's $55 if you only use him one way. He doesn't charge the return trip up front, he just wants your assurance that you will use him on the return. The charge is up to four people in the van. It goes up to $110 round trip with five people.

7. wnissen

wnissen ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I found this was very informative and relevant to whether one would fly to Cozumel. It's kind of a worst-case scenario, in many ways. No masks, 7 confirmed live cases at the time of departure! And yet few of the passengers that weren't traveling with the group were infected. Even if you assume there were twice as many who were asymptomatic or not identified for some other reason, that's not that much. And all were in a close vicinity. I would guess that any form of masking would cut that dramatically. I would compare this with another observational study done where the passengers were all wearing N95s. One person got sick, and they took theirs off in the bathroom. I would guess if you flew with an N95 (not taking it off even to eat), especially in first class with more spacing, and avoided being in enclosed vehicles, you could travel in reasonable safety.

Ukmc likes this.
  8. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I remember when we had more threads of various subject and questions on this forum. Nowadays many just do it on this one. It works, but not as helpful for new members looking for subjects.

P-Dog likes this.
  9. ReefHound

ReefHound PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Masks with venting, which is common on N95 masks, are not allowed since the venting allows user to exhale unfiltered air. N95 is designed for the typical case where the user is protecting themselves from others not protecting others from themselves.

On our United flights, after the doors were closed the attendants were offering those in crowded areas the ability to move to less crowded areas.

10. P-Dog

P-Dog Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Breakfast started at 7:00 I believe.

I don't know if coffee was available elsewhere. Maybe the lobby?