Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is the best place to look up ferry schedules? I know it's been mentioned before, but my mind is mush. I've been re-booking flights all day. My appointments got canceled in Vegas, but I'm still going to Cozumel and I'm think I'll still pop up to Vegas for a quick visit with friends when I'm finished, but good gravy!, the flights are complicated in and out of Hawaii since I don't live on Oahu.

Check these, one is on even days, other odd days - I hear complaints of full boats, mostly early and late ones but did hear once about the midday one... These can change so keep checking their Facebook page - they mostly just have been adding times or adjusting for curfew

Winjet

Ultramar Ferry

So currently Winjet is operating on odd days and Ultramar is on even days.
On the even days when Ultramar is run a non QR resident costs $250 MXN for a standard ticket (one way) or $310 MXN for first class. The extra $60 ($2.70 USD) means you board first which may be very helpful on an oversold trip)

So currently Winjet is operating on odd days and Ultramar is on even days.
On the even days when Ultramar is run a non QR resident costs $250 MXN for a standard ticket (one way) or $310 MXN for first class. The extra $60 ($2.70 USD) means you board first which may be very helpful on an oversold trip)

Have you seen that in action? I've taken ferries dozens of times and never noticed any early boarding or separate boarding lines. All I recall is a single line where everyone starts queuing up 15 minutes early. Ditto for the special baggage handling. I'm quite sure we got neither the two times we sprung for FC.

I feel like I should at least say thanks for all the info on this thread. I actually read all 71 pages, and then booked my first trip to Cozumel.

Arriving 9/4 via AA --> Blue Angel. And I'm suuuper stoked. :)
Welcome to the funny pages. So you're new to SCUBA?
  • Got DAN dive insurance? It's pretty important, just in case. I also take good trip insurance anytime I leave the US as my medical coverage is no good outside of the country.
  • Got a couple of bottles of Swimmers Ear from the drug store? I make my own, but it's easier to just buy some, then use it after every dive or shower.
  • Is equalizing easy for you, or challenging? Ears really can be an Achilles heel.
  • It's best to get money from a Bank Atm (beware the independents) after telling your bank that you are traveling, then spending Pesos instead of Dollars. If the Atm asks you to approve a conversion rate, it's a trap, decline that, and it'll still go thru at the better rate. I withdraw the maximum every day until I have enough for the trip. Save leftover Pesos for the next trip. Tipping in Dollars if fine.
And do hire a private DM for the first 2-tank trip. Money well spent.

I feel like I should at least say thanks for all the info on this thread. I actually read all 71 pages, and then booked my first trip to Cozumel.

I'll miss you by one day at Blue Angel! This is my first trip, too, and this thread has been wonderful. Just fantastically helpful.

Have you seen that in action? I've taken ferries dozens of times and never noticed any early boarding or separate boarding lines. All I recall is a single line where everyone starts queuing up 15 minutes early. Ditto for the special baggage handling. I'm quite sure we got neither the two times we sprung for FC.
Last several times I did the bag drag earlier this year (pre covid) in playa Ultramar had a separate parralle que for 'first class' that they let through first then everyone else

So there is currently an 8 am ferry leaving Cozumel, and if I have a van reserved to pick me up in PDC by 9 am, I can be at the Canun airport by 10 am if everything goes as planned. That sounds early enough for my 12-noon flight to DFW.
Last several times I did the bag drag earlier this year (pre covid) in playa Ultramar had a separate parralle que for 'first class' that they let through first then everyone else
That sounds appealing for this ferry. I think I'll confirm that when I buy my ticket.

I saw on one of the schedules that they plan to go to the full number of trips a day starting soon. I guess that subject to maybe happening.

I hope that the trip is everything that you want it to be. You know, by now, that Cozumel has become the clear favorite place for many people on this site. My husband and I travel a good bit, and at the end of most Cozumel trips we wonder why we go anyplace else. Just keep in mind that you are in Mexico and not the US, and love the differences. There are many stories of "Cozumel Magic." I hope that you experience it!

PS, I live near a violent US city, and truly enjoy the relaxed and safe place that is Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom