Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We like to bring nice steaks when we travel. Because of my wife's status, we each have two bags for free.
Get the skirt steak at Hemingways...no need to carry in! Its delicious...

I hadn't thought of that and now I'm totally going to do it. I feel really comfortable in warm water diving, but I still hate the idea of affecting other divers' experience because of my own lack of experience. This seems like a no-brainer. Is it $50-ish bucks/day still
I think $50 is probably right. Cozumel currents can be intimidating to some, and be sure to ask him/her what to do in a down current.

I've traipsed all over Mexico many times and appreciate the differences (and the food). I'm a low-maintenance traveller. It's too bad I'll miss you, P-Dog! Hope you have a great time as well. I can't wait to get out of my quarantine bubble.
It would nice to meet you too. I didn't know that you were an experienced traveler. That'll help.

is it that hard to buy a steak in Mexico?

I know some countries don't use the same cuts of meat as we do (try to find a porterhouse in Pakistan) but I would think the Mexicans would be up on American cuts.

I can't really talk. I've traveled with a tube of liverwurst in my carry-on. You definitely can't get liverwurst in Mexico.
A lot of cheap beef is imported from Mexico to the US, but I don't think that they finish yearlings on grain. I think it's mostly grass fed, which is fine for people who want such, but not the best quality. I

I know this question has been asked, but I can't find it when I search the Cozumel forum.

Can I bring packaged, raw meat in a checked cooler to Cancun? Thanks in advance.
The one data point I have is that they confiscated my mom's can of Vienna sausages in Cozumel customs a few years ago.

Yeah, the wealthy Gringos need to pack their own steaks and smuggle them in their checked bags as Lord forbid they eat the same beef the locals eat (and they don't eat much of it). Maybe try some of the local pork and chicken dishes. Anyone who makes a practice of traveling with their own hidden beef to the third world has no business traveling in the 1st place. With that attitude and mindset they are looking for trouble on how many levels (all beef aside)? Go ahead... Sneak your beef in and behave as you will as a wealthy Gringo... Walk anywhere you want, do anything you want day or night and see how that works out for ya. Desperate people do desperate things and these days there are plenty of desperate locals on Coz.

For those who feel the need to pack their own prime steaks for travel... That mindset sickens me. They should fire up their grill and vacation in their back yard.

Yeah, the wealthy Gringos need to pack their own steaks and smuggle them in their checked bags as Lord forbid they eat the same beef the locals eat (and they don't eat much of it). Maybe try some of the local pork and chicken dishes. Anyone who makes a practice of traveling with their own hidden beef to the third world has no business traveling in the 1st place. With that attitude and mindset they are looking for trouble on how many levels (all beef aside)? Go ahead... Sneak your beef in and behave as you will as a wealthy Gringo... Walk anywhere you want, do anything you want day or night and see how that works out for ya. Desperate people do desperate things and these days there are plenty of desperate locals on Coz.

For those who feel the need to pack their own prime steaks for travel... That mindset sickens me. They should fire up their grill and vacation in their back yard.

Maybe you are unaware of the constant muling of items down here to the island?? Even when someone goes to Playa (Costco) or Cancun - quite often they ask friends what items they'd like brought back.......

Some Thomas' English Muffins should be here in the morning........

Sorry, that just sounds like a rude overreaction. Snoweman seems to be a decent dude, and he simply asked about an idea to enhance his vacation getaway. Maybe you'd like to tell me that I should book a low rent hut back on 70th ave instead of sleeping close to the square and the dock?

Maybe you are unaware of the constant muling of items down here to the island?? Even when someone goes to Playa (Costco) or Cancun - quite often they ask friends what items they'd like brought back.......

Some Thomas' English Muffins should be here in the morning........
33.jpg

Wow..., just wow! You didn't go for half a$$, you went for the full enchilada - whole a$$!! Dude..., I didn't ask about bringing all my meals down with my with my personal chef. I asked about bringing something I can't find in Coz. BTW, for one fricking meal! Do you bring your gear, or do you insist on renting? Do you come down without any clothes and buy what you need while visiting? Perhaps you haven't seen my previous posts where I have walked well back from Melgar to get tacos. Get a grip. BTW, since it is not allowed, we are not going to take any meats with us. What a sphincter.

Sorry, that just sounds like a rude overreaction. Snoweman seems to be a decent dude, and he simply asked about an idea to enhance his vacation getaway. Maybe you'd like to tell me that I should book a low rent hut back on 70th ave instead of sleeping close to the square and the dock?

Thank you, @DandyDon. It was a pleasure meeting you last year. Do you know if the turtle thing goes past August? We're traveling over Labor Day and would love to take part this time.

had skirt steak at Casa Denis tonight's. Not as good as Hemingways, but no complaints from me and I'm a die hard steak eater...Plenty of good steak on the island...come and get it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom