Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The private van is just a flat out better way to go - your bags won’t disappear, you’re around just your group verses who knows who else... I wouldn’t even consider the ado unless it was just me and carrying something that fits in my lap.

Last time I went took ADO it was a pleasant experience not horrible at all but I am seeing that with a larger group a private van it is the way to go

Trying to decide between the ADO or a private van but everyplace I look its over 130 for a group of 6 for a private van and only about 70 for ADO unless someone knows of a better deal .....
You mentioned later that it was round trip. 20 bucks and change per person for a 65 mile (RT) private van ride doesn't sound like much to me. Stop for beer and enjoy the ride.

Last time I went took ADO it was a pleasant experience not horrible at all but I am seeing that with a larger group it is the way to go

I think the ADO's here or I guess over there in Cancun, Playa and Tulum are fantastic - nice AC buses, pretty cost effective ride. I have no problem with them at all but not today.

Today it's not about cost effective nice buses - today it's about crimes of opportunity, it's about being packed in a bus with 50-75 other people. Backpacks missing out of overheads, luggage not being there and just the simple fact of being surrounded by people you don't have to be....

You mentioned later that it was round trip. 20 bucks and change per person for a 65 mile (RT) private van ride doesn't sound like much to me. Stop for beer and enjoy the ride.

Y'all need to pay attention to what currency is being used. The private van ride is in dollars.

I’ve used Happy Shuttle several times-fantastic service and would use them again.

I realize I input twp people and you have six. Happy Shuttle would be $112 RT for your group. So $66 each way. In addition to safety, security and comfort you can get the driver to stop for refreshments or he may have some in a cooler.

We have often taken the ADO bus when it's just the two of us and the ride itself is easy and safe but admittedly I'm peering nervously out the window when they stop at Puerto Morelos and a half dozen people get off and get their bags from underneath.

Johnny charges $40 each way?..we had a van and it was just the 2 of us ..

Friend of mine who we met down there in early July had to fly into CUN and they took the ADO, which they've done a number of times. Had his bag above him pilfered and lost his passport, cell phone and a few other things. Crappy way to start your trip. We've used ADO before and a pleasant ride, but as someone else said earlier, I'm staring out the window at any of the stops making sure my bag doesn't get taken.

Friend of mine who we met down there in early July had to fly into CUN and they took the ADO, which they've done a number of times. Had his bag above him pilfered and lost his passport, cell phone and a few other things. Crappy way to start your trip. We've used ADO before and a pleasant ride, but as someone else said earlier, I'm staring out the window at any of the stops making sure my bag doesn't get taken.

Sad.... I used to take ADO quite often but shifted to the private cars for speed reasons as bus trip was taking longer and longer and I kept barely missing ferries or barely making planes. Really disappointing that the security has declined that far Chuck P alluded fo same thing.

Hopefully United will keep running the IAH-CZM route they just restarted so I don’t have to fool with CUN.

Never had a problem with the ADO, except for the wait.

Back
Top Bottom