Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the wealthy Gringos need to pack their own steaks and smuggle them in their checked bags as Lord forbid they eat the same beef the locals eat (and they don't eat much of it). Maybe try some of the local pork and chicken dishes. Anyone who makes a practice of traveling with their own hidden beef to the third world has no business traveling in the 1st place. With that attitude and mindset they are looking for trouble on how many levels (all beef aside)? Go ahead... Sneak your beef in and behave as you will as a wealthy Gringo... Walk anywhere you want, do anything you want day or night and see how that works out for ya. Desperate people do desperate things and these days there are plenty of desperate locals on Coz.

Yeah, the wealthy Gringos need to pack their own steaks and smuggle them in their checked bags as Lord forbid they eat the same beef the locals eat (and they don't eat much of it). Maybe try some of the local pork and chicken dishes. Anyone who makes a practice of traveling with their own hidden beef to the third world has no business traveling in the 1st place. With that attitude and mindset they are looking for trouble on how many levels (all beef aside)? Go ahead... Sneak your beef in and behave as you will as a wealthy Gringo... Walk anywhere you want, do anything you want day or night and see how that works out for ya. Desperate people do desperate things and these days there are plenty of desperate locals on Coz.

For those who feel the need to pack their own prime steaks for travel... That mindset sickens me. They should fire up their grill and vacation in their back yard.

For those who feel the need to pack their own prime steaks for travel... That mindset sickens me. They should fire up their grill and vacation in their back yard.
damn Smokey.png

Y'all need to pay attention to what currency is being used. The private van ride is in dollars.
I was. US$130/6 is US$21.67. I didn't think he meant US$130 per person; that would be a lot.

Is there a cost efficient taxi/shuttle from the ferry terminal to the airport in Cancun for one person if I don't want to take ADO?

Anyone have recommendations?

Is there a cost efficient taxi/shuttle from the ferry terminal to the airport in Cancun for one person if I don't want to take ADO?

I negotiated with a taxi driver near the ferry dock on my last trip for $25, one way. I paid him $30.

I use Chief's van guy at about $30 one way plus tip, but you'd need to ask him.

I negotiated with a taxi driver near the ferry dock on my last trip for $25, one way. I paid him $30.
That works too. Unlike at the ferry dock arriving Cozumel, you can shop around. I once split a $50 fare with a couple of newlyweds, but we were escaping a hurricane warning, and that was 2007 so inflation adjustment made it relatively higher.

Unlike at the ferry dock arriving Cozumel, you can shop around. I once split a $50 fare with a couple of newlyweds, but we were escaping a hurricane warning, and that was 2007 so inflation adjustment made it relatively higher.
You are in a better bargaining position in Playa del Carmen than either at the Cozumel ferry dock or the Cancun airport. Cab drivers that take fares from Cancun to Playa are faced with the choice between going back to Cancun empty or taking whatever fare they can get on the return, plus how long do they want to sit idle in Playa?

Jose Hernandez Rivera...hes picking us up in Playa tomorrow at 11:50 and dropping us at CUN.

Nice man, great deal.

You are in a better bargaining position in Playa del Carmen than either at the Cozumel ferry dock or the Cancun airport. Cab drivers that take fares from Cancun to Playa are faced with the choice between going back to Cancun empty or taking whatever fare they can get on the return, plus how long do they want to sit idle in Playa?
I doubt very much that a Cancun cab driver can pick up a fare in Playa and I am sure that the Playa driver can't take a fare in the airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom