Trip Report Paradise Taveuni-March/April 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An interesting observation I made about the lionfish is that they are normal size in the South Pacific, indicating a balanced food chain, whereas in the Caribbean, they are monstrous in size.

I did partake in the kava and it was nasty. Tasted like dirt.
Yes, dirt. One of those things to do once.

@living4experiences the resorts should have filtered water available for drinking at their on site restaurant in dispensers. just bring a water bottle.

kava does have an earthy taste, but if you drink enough of it (or stick around for when the staff do the 2nd soaking at higher strength), you get a little buzz with some pretty wicked lucid dreams after.

@living4experiences the resorts should have filtered water available for drinking at their on site restaurant in dispensers. just bring a water bottle.

kava does have an earthy taste, but if you drink enough of it (or stick around for when the staff do the 2nd soaking at higher strength), you get a little buzz with some pretty wicked lucid dreams after.
I always travel with a refillable water bottle, and I brought my LifeStraw bottle in case filtration was needed, and I did get my refills at the restaurant.

Thanks very, very much for this helpful review. I've been wanting to go to Paradise Taveuni for a while, and Bluewater have always highly recommended it, so your experience is really troubling. Have you considered pressing Bluewater harder for some recompense? I think they owe you something, maybe a credit on a future trip, especially given the boat situation, which I think is/was totally unacceptable.

Looking forward to your review of Volivoli, hoping you had a good experience.
I reached out to Bluewater, and while he acknowledged the issues, he would not offer any compensation or credit. He basically said the free massage was good enough. I'm very disappointed, and I don't think it's good customer service. I've booked some other trips through them, but this response is making me rethink using them in the future.

I looked at Sau Bay and Taveuni Dive, but they don't have A/C, and that's a no-go for me. Bluewater Travel highly recommended Paradise Taveuni, and I relied on that advice.

The Irish Setter ghost pipefish was beautiful. When the dive guide is excited, that means it's a special find. At first glance, it looked like red algae just floating, then it comes into focus. He found it on the sand. I don't remember what dive site and it was the only one I saw.
Thank you.

The hairy GPF is indeed a special find. I've been to most of the muck meccas, Lembeh, Anilao, Ambon, Komodo - Lembeh and Anilao multiple times - and I've never seen it nor heard of it being seen at any of those. Altho, for all I know, I might have swam right over it and not known.

Back
Top Bottom