Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in the "big pool" tomorrow...it's about d@#n time. Woohoo...:clearmask:

I'm spoiled since I live in Hawaii. I've logged 100 dives since Covid started. Two last night.

I'm just stir crazy and want to travel somewhere and I'd like be around friendly people. At 9:30 last night the local drunk shore fishermen were shining spotlights at the boat and yelling that they were going to kill us if we didn't move to another spot. Like one boat 100 yards from shore with a couple of divers will scare away the fish. (where's the eye roll emoji?)

I checked my findings at Kayak.com too, and they were similar for Casa del Mar and Casa Mexicana: unavailable for the targeted dates at least, August 23-September 3.

Buyer Beware again.

I'm going with Blue Angel. I spoke to them today and like the sound of the place. I was tired of being indecisive and just made a decision. :)

I'm going with Blue Angel. I spoke to them today and like the sound of the place. I was tired of being indecisive and just made a decision.
Yep, it's a nice hotel, a popular dive op, and a popular restaurant.

Please post a trip report, including what you think of Blue Angel. Hubby loves the pool at Hotel Cozumel, so it's not likely we would switch.
Just a comment re Hotel Cozumel: all,of the rooms are essentially the same, so no need to get the partial ocean view, it's not really worth it.

I'm going with Blue Angel
A great choice. Been using them for 15 years. Every room has ocean view. Pool is small but nice. Depending on how light you sleep, the street traffic especially in the morning, may be a nuisance. I like they have several start times for dives. Good for those who don't want to get up at 7am while on vacation.

I doubt there's too much street traffic these days. .in fact, we could not find a taxi at 10 pm tonight anywhere! So we walked...

I doubt there's too much street traffic these days. .in fact, we could not find a taxi at 10 pm tonight anywhere! So we walked...

With curfew at 10 supposedly, taxi aren't supposed to be working

A great choice. Been using them for 15 years. Every room has ocean view. Pool is small but nice. Depending on how light you sleep, the street traffic especially in the morning, may be a nuisance. I like they have several start times for dives. Good for those who don't want to get up at 7am while on vacation.

The proximity to the ocean and ocean views is what did it.

I'm used to an 8 am (or earlier) boat here, so just figured I'd do the same there. We'll see. 8:00 in Mexico is 3 am in Hawai'i. I kind of hoped I'd get lucky and get back early enough to hop on the 1 pm boat, too. :)

The proximity to the ocean and ocean views is what did it.

I'm used to an 8 am (or earlier) boat here, so just figured I'd do the same there. We'll see. 8:00 in Mexico is 3 am in Hawai'i. I kind of hoped I'd get lucky and get back early enough to hop on the 1 pm boat, too. :)
I've been able to do that without problem. They've actually called my lunch order in on the ride back so it'd be ready and I could eat between. Have a great time. You made a great choice. I'm in process of booking a trip there end of Sept.

With curfew at 10 supposedly, taxi aren't supposed to be working
Ok then, you can drive us home after dinner tonight

Ok then, you can drive us home after dinner tonight

Just get Dave’s Jeep, that way we can cruise up to the north lighthouse! I’m not a true local, two is my limit on the moto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom