Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

90 minutes to clear I&C is risky to me. Remember that many flights are not flying these days so backup flights are difficult to impossible to find. That's the last flight from CLT to LAS of the day so I wouldn't.

DFW is not a bad connection airport in my opinion, better than MIA and others. You might shoot for the short connection there with a later flight possible.
View attachment 603301

I just bought a ticket through Miami. :) Better safe than sorry.

The one that leaves Cancun at 2:12 and gives three hours in Miami.

Return Cancun, Mexico to Las Vegas, NV
Flight Depart Arrive Travel time Aircraft Class Seats
aa-logo-24x24.gif
1285 American Airlines Wi-Fi on-boardPower on-board
2:12 PM
CUN
5:02 PM
MIA
1h 50m 738 Economy
Stop: Miami (MIA)
aa-logo-24x24.gif
2341 American Airlines Wi-Fi on-boardPower on-board
8:00 PM
MIA
9:59 PM
LAS
4h 59m 738 Economy

I just bought a ticket through Miami.
Not my favorite airport, but plenty of time.

We had a small room, bad view from the balcony, the food is bland, and other guests would pull that **** of placing their towel over a lounge chair all day.

Which place are you talking about?

Chief's van guy does it for about 850 Pesos he thinks, with appointment plus tip. If you just want to ask taxi drivers on arrival, 1500 sounds high end. Confirm AC.
Yep, used John today..$40 and a tour of a town and a neat lunch stop...worth every peso! $40.00 US.

I'm looking at flying back to Vegas from Cancun on September 3rd through Charlotte:

Cancun, Mexico to Las Vegas, NV
Thursday, September 3, 2020
2:45 PM 9:44 PM
8h 59m
CUN - CLT AA 886 321-Airbus A321
CLT - LAS AA 624 321-Airbus A321
It will take less time than going through Miami and I wouldn't have to change terminals in DFW. It's $30 more expensive, but...Also, since it leaves a bit later in the day I think the ferry, bus/taxi would be a breeze. Only down side is that they use old US Airways planes. Or am I missing another downside.

Only down side to those planes is that as far as I know they dont have the entertainment screens on each seat back and Charlotte doesn't use the mobile passport app. Neither are a big deal.

Anyone ever stay at the Casa del Mar?

Flew United out of EWR to CUN...flight was full and They stuck a stranger between the wife and I...we upgraded to economy plus in hopes that wouldn’t happen, but it did. Boarding was a mess too...the said they would board by individual rows but started off with rows 30-39 followed shortly after by all rows and seats? Total clusterF!

immigration at CUN was a breeze...literally 20 minutes from plane to baggage.

but, they got us here in one piece and hopefully uninflected! The bag drag was interesting, but I doubt I’d do it again if I have better options...Already dined with friends and am happily tequila buzzed...going to try out the Aldora pool now....no peeking :)

Yep, used John today..$40 and a tour of a town and a neat lunch stop...worth every peso! $40.00 US.
On the peninsula, not the island, right. Chief's van guy operates on the mainland only.

On the peninsula, not the island, right. Chief's van guy operates on the mainland only.
Yes..CUN to Playa and or back....

We used to stay at Casa Del Mar, but have switched to Hotel Cozumel. Casa Del Mar is very worn, and some years were worse than others. If you stay there, you MUST get the upgraded room. There is a significant difference in the rooms, including that standard rooms have no balcony.
In the summer, they host a student program and so the hotel is filled with young students, I think upper high school age. They used to crowd the lobby, but this changed once the Internet was extended to the hotel rooms, and not just the lobby. I didn't mind the students, but a couple of the adults in our party did.
The best feature is that there is some shade at the swim up bar. The bartenders are very good and personable. They have a lovely garden near the restaurant and pool. There are bottled water fountains on each floor of the hotel so water is always available.
Since we stopped going there, a Latin beach club was built on the waterfront. It seems to be oriented to cruise ships, and is not included in the hotel price. I've read that the loud music interferes with enjoyment of the pool. The waterfront must be pretty small without that space.
Their pier is very convenient, and great if your dive op picks you up there.
The location is a bit far from town, and the main reason we switched. We spend less on cabs now.
Ernesto's is across the street. We loved having breakfast at Ernesto's before diving, where we watched the businesses getting ready for their day, cruise ships pulling in and discharging passengers, Roberta's Scuba Shack divers arriving and getting ready, etc. Javier, the churro guy, used to stop at Ernesto's each morning and we would buy churros from him.
When you stay there, you may have free use of Nachi Cocom. (I don't know if this has changed.) it is a very nice beach club to the south. Sometimes we had our dive boat drop us there after diving, and just took a cab back to the hotel after enjoying the beach and lunch for a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom