Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you very much for checking. Worrisome that they don't have an opening date at all...I'm booked there in October and it's already paid for. I just told them to roll over the payment from my last minute cancellation from April.

And thank you for the other information. Do you have favorite valet ops?

Are the restaurants downtown open if I were to look at staying at Barracuda?

This is hard for me because I live here and these folks are my friends - doesn't matter if everyone was busy or not, it's so hard to pick one over another.

I've never stayed at Barracuda and had never even been to the bar downstairs till last week for a memorial gathering - I mentioned them because you spoke about a place to sit back and relax after diving. Their outside area, the restaraunts and bars literally downstairs and the closeness to downtown - seems like that fits. Casa Del Mar is nicer maybe, has a great outdoor area, shore diving but just not much else around it open at this time. Hotel Cozumel is mid road, similar in that not much variety and stuck with house dive op.

Dive Ops - this is hard. I love Blue Project, they are not like family, they are family, we've become very close with them and they do a fantastic job. Blue XTsea is another, Christi contributes a lot here but virtually never self serving, her dive masters are fantastic.

This is hard for me because I live here and these folks are my friends - doesn't matter if everyone was busy or not, it's so hard to pick one over another.

I've never stayed at Barracuda and had never even been to the bar downstairs till last week for a memorial gathering - I mentioned them because you spoke about a place to sit back and relax after diving. Their outside area, the restaraunts and bars literally downstairs and the closeness to downtown - seems like that fits. Casa Del Mar is nicer maybe, has a great outdoor area, shore diving but just not much else around it open at this time. Hotel Cozumel is mid road, similar in that not much variety and stuck with house dive op.

Dive Ops - this is hard. I love Blue Project, they are not like family, they are family, we've become very close with them and they do a fantastic job. Blue XTsea is another, Christi contributes a lot here but virtually never self serving, her dive masters are fantastic.

Thank you, Chuck. I appreciate your help.

Hi P-Dog,

You might want to consider Hotel Cozumel if you were planning on Scuba Club.

It's beach club is located right next door to scuba club. It offers shore diving, beach area, lockers and rinse tank located right at the pier. Dive Paradise is the on site dive Op but they do allow other ops to pick you up from the pier. Not sure if they are allowing solo shore diving at this time, but you should be able to find another diver to pair up with. The hotel is located across the street and has the largest pool on the island. Take a look at there website for pictures of the beach area and Hotel pool area.

They offer a nightly rate with breakfast or an all inclusive package that sometimes is only a few dollars more. Your only 10- 15 minute walk into town so we usually have a few dinners and lunch at a few local restaurants.

Enjoy your trip,
Keepdivin

I'm traveling alone. Have my PADI AOW. Honestly haven't thought about a budget. Nothing too fancy. Just clean, preferably includes meals (or breakfast), has an affiliation with a dive shop, a social environment so I can meet people to hang out with to have drinks after diving, safe, would be great if there was shore diving as well as boat diving, nice people....
I recommend Blue Angel; it checks all your boxes.

If you select Hotel Cozumel, only buy the breakfast...lunch and dinner, when we stayed there, was horrendous...thankfully we only purchased the breakfast....the dive ops were ok.

Barracuda is downtown, has a bar restaurant indoors and outside with a pool, nice place outside, never been in the rooms and have no idea on cost. Downtown gets you access to all sorts of other places to eat too.

Stayed there many times. It's a bit cheaper than Casa Mexicana and rooms are small and plain. It's all about the location. You're right on the water, close to town, across street from Mega/Soriano.

If you select Hotel Cozumel, only buy the breakfast...lunch and dinner, when we stayed there, was horrendous...thankfully we only purchased the breakfast....the dive ops were ok.

Rooms are LOW end too. Not my favorite resort. I’d give it a wide berth. BA & Aldora much better choices.

I recommend Blue Angel; it checks all your boxes.

I'm leaning towards Blue Angel, Barracuda, or Aldora. Depending on price, it'll probably be Blue Angel. Seems like the best fit. :)

Does anyone know if the ferry is running from Cancun? Flight prices are way cheaper into Cancun than Cozumel. Plus, there are many more flights into Cancun.

I'm leaning towards Blue Angel, Barracuda, or Aldora. Depending on price, it'll probably be Blue Angel. Seems like the best fit. :)

Does anyone know if the ferry is running from Cancun? Flight prices are way cheaper into Cancun than Cozumel. Plus, there are many more flights into Cancun.
The ferry is running between Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. There is no such thing as a Cancun Cozumel ferry. As of last week there were about 5 trips a day. Check either Winjet or Ultramar's schedule. They are running the same schedule on alternate days. Bus from Airport to PDC is about $10 USD each and a private van around $50

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom