Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other part of my question was when as results vary greatly with dates, but then the airlines are in such chaos that flights are being canceled left and right so planning is tricky. Learning how to use the Matrix shopping site helps.

You should become a part-time travel agent. You love looking up flights and hotels to find the best deals.

This is hard for me because I live here and these folks are my friends - doesn't matter if everyone was busy or not, it's so hard to pick one over another.

I've never stayed at Barracuda and had never even been to the bar downstairs till last week for a memorial gathering - I mentioned them because you spoke about a place to sit back and relax after diving. Their outside area, the restaraunts and bars literally downstairs and the closeness to downtown - seems like that fits. Casa Del Mar is nicer maybe, has a great outdoor area, shore diving but just not much else around it open at this time. Hotel Cozumel is mid road, similar in that not much variety and stuck with house dive op.

Dive Ops - this is hard. I love Blue Project, they are not like family, they are family, we've become very close with them and they do a fantastic job. Blue XTsea is another, Christi contributes a lot here but virtually never self serving, her dive masters are fantastic.

Hi Chuck; long time...

Can I assume the memorial gathering you attended was for Jan?

Jan was a long-time friend going back many years, and I have many fond memories of hanging-out with her at the upstairs bar there (...Jan's bar). Glad to know it was a good time for all; that's what she would have wanted. Wish I could have been there:

Thanks for posting. Many fond memories of Jan over the years (decades). Always had a smile on her face

You should become a part-time travel agent. You love looking up flights and hotels to find the best deals.
I doubt that there is a significant commission to plane tickets anymore. I think the only real income of travel agents nowadays is in packages, probably the overpriced ones. I just enjoy finding and sharing bargains when I can, and Matrix Software is such a rewarding tool. I was afraid that google would close it when they bought it and opened their own google flights, which I do not find as useful, but I'm glad to see it still open. I generally only search roundtrip tickets and the varied options are fun to play but at times even better deals can be found using two One-Ways and Open-Jaws. Those are rare but worth checking.

I remember one plan we found when my daughter's family wanted to go to DisneyWorld and leaving from Midland was much cheaper than leaving from Lubbock on a plane that stopped in Lubbock for some reason. I suggested on return that all but one of them could get off in Lubbock and Uber home while the son-in-law would need to continue to Midland to retrieve the parked car as well as any luggage. Too bad that plan was abandoned as I wanted to see it play out.

These days, the airlines are in such chaos that even if we find an itinerary and price we like, there is no way to predict whether they will fly those flights. At least they are refunding if requested or even playing Let's-Make-A-Deal on changes without charging fare upgrades. I gave myself until August 1 to decide what to do with my now dead August 18-27 ticket. I guess I'll call AA Saturday after opening several tabs with currently available fights. I have changed my hotels.com reservation several times so one more time to go.

Matrix seems to offer higher priced results over Sky Scanner? I’ve always had good luck with SS. Nowadays though, using Orbits they offer free cancellation and or changes...

Matrix seems to offer higher priced results over Sky Scanner?
I find that hard to believe and suspect the comparisons vary with user talents. Matix does not check SWA tho so there is one more tab to open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom