Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ferry is running between Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. There is no such thing as a Cancun Cozumel ferry. As of last week there were about 5 trips a day. Check either Winjet or Ultramar's schedule. They are running the same schedule on alternate days. Bus from Airport to PDC is about $10 USD each and a private van around $50

Thank you for the clarification. I knew you had to take a bus from the airport to the ferry terminal, but forgot it was from Playa del Carmen. Nice to have the correct place name! Thank you! Otherwise, I'd just be the person at the airport wandering around with my gear looking for the boat. :wink:

Thank you for the clarification. I knew you had to take a bus from the airport to the ferry terminal, but forgot it was from Playa del Carmen. Nice to have the correct place name! Thank you! Otherwise, I'd just be the person at the airport wandering around with my gear looking for the boat. :wink:
We’re doing the bag drag for the first time cuz we didn’t want to have to change planes under the current situation....we hired a pvt driver from CUN to Playa...it’ll be an experience after flying into CZM each year for the past 30 plus years...

Flight prices are way cheaper into Cancun than Cozumel. Plus, there are many more flights into Cancun.
From where and when? HNL to either seem about the same price. I think maybe someone mentioned that you're in Las Vegas. I see Sun Country for $187 RT to Cancun (amazing but ungodly long layovers both ways!), but with real airlines and reasonable itineraries I see American at $279 to either airport. It is nicer to fly to and from Cozumel itself.

This is hard for me because I live here and these folks are my friends - doesn't matter if everyone was busy or not, it's so hard to pick one over another.

I've never stayed at Barracuda and had never even been to the bar downstairs till last week for a memorial gathering - I mentioned them because you spoke about a place to sit back and relax after diving. Their outside area, the restaraunts and bars literally downstairs and the closeness to downtown - seems like that fits. Casa Del Mar is nicer maybe, has a great outdoor area, shore diving but just not much else around it open at this time. Hotel Cozumel is mid road, similar in that not much variety and stuck with house dive op.

Dive Ops - this is hard. I love Blue Project, they are not like family, they are family, we've become very close with them and they do a fantastic job. Blue XTsea is another, Christi contributes a lot here but virtually never self serving, her dive masters are fantastic.
lol, I didn't hear Aldora in there.

lol, I didn't hear Aldora in there.

Nothing to that other than trying to spread a little love during these hard times lol

From where and when? HNL to either seem about the same price. I think maybe someone mentioned that you're in Las Vegas. I see Sun Country for $187 RT to Cancun (amazing but ungodly long layovers both ways!), but with real airlines and reasonable itineraries I see American at $279 to either airport. It is nicer to fly to and from Cozumel itself.

I'll be flying in from Vegas. Normally I'd be flying in from Kona, but I have a two part appointment that needs to happen in Vegas. Appointment one will happen, then there is a two week pause, and then another appointment. I figured that instead of sitting in Vegas or heading home to Hawai'i, I'd head to Cozumel for that nice long interim.

I saw the Sun Country to to Cancun. Or Southwest. I only saw American flying to Cozumel. I'd prefer to fly to Cozumel, honestly. Seemed far more convenient.

I'll be flying in from Vegas. Normally I'd be flying in from Kona, but I have a two part appointment that needs to happen in Vegas. Appointment one will happen, then there is a two week pause, and then another appointment. I figured that instead of sitting in Vegas or heading home to Hawai'i, I'd head to Cozumel for that nice long interim.

I saw the Sun Country to to Cancun. Or Southwest. I only saw American flying to Cozumel. I'd prefer to fly to Cozumel, honestly. Seemed far more convenient.

LMAO - You gotta love jobs like that!

I first came here in 2000 when my travel agent called me about some last minute deals available for platinum flyers to Cancun or Cozumel, leaving on Thursday, returning on Sundays. I was a salesman living in Saltillo but worked so dang much I never was able to enjoy it till then. When I got back, I told my travel agent just to auto book me on any of those deals, I'd overnight in Mexico City on Sundays and visit customers then fly back to Saltillo/Monterrray on Monday or Tuesday. I spent five out of six straight weekends living at the El Presidente and diving with some guy I meet that sold sunglasses, the other weekend we meet that guy and his girlfriend in Cancun.....

I'll be flying in from Vegas.
The other part of my question was when as results vary greatly with dates, but then the airlines are in such chaos that flights are being canceled left and right so planning is tricky. Learning how to use the Matrix shopping site helps.

I only saw American flying to Cozumel.
There are lots of other choices in flights on American.
upload_2020-7-29_23-50-5.png

I'd prefer to fly to Cozumel, honestly. Seemed far more convenient.
Yep, it is.
upload_2020-7-29_23-52-42.png

LMAO - You gotta love jobs like that!

I first came here in 2000 when my travel agent called me about some last minute deals available for platinum flyers to Cancun or Cozumel, leaving on Thursday, returning on Sundays. I was a salesman living in Saltillo.

Saltillo MS or MX?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom