Can I purchase any regulator and adapt it for use with my Brownies Third Lung?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, here's where I'm at.The new regulators came in, however the male fitting on the new regulators is much smaller than the male fitting on the brownies/dacor regulators.Ideally, there's a fitting (female-to-male) i can just buy and screw on. do you really scientific dive guys know of such an adapterish item? :)i'm just a simple software engineer.. these technical matters are over my head!

here are a couple of pics of my situation

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 125
Take it to the auto parts store or a decent hardware store. Lots of thread adapters. Have yourself a roll of Teflon tape, it's not good as tape for much except this use.

Or, like I said in post #7, whack off the end of the second stage hose, stuff in one of those Harbor Freight "stick it in the air hose tube thingies", put a couple of SS hose clamps on it.

Oh the horror, I forgot, it's "life support equipment". Grab your checkbook, go to the nearest dive shop. They'll fix you right up.

Or, like I said in post #7, whack off the end of the second stage hose, stuff in one of those Harbor Freight "stick it in the air hose tube thingies", put a couple of SS hose clamps on it.

yeah, i'd look into something like that...

the only other hoses i have besides my brownies are fancy hoses and regulators on my regular scuba setup (that i bought all the parts from here on this site actually lol) i dont wanna mess with those. :)

Ok, Here's where I'm at

1) I figured out the threads on the brownies hose is 20x1.5

2) I bought 3 stainless steel 20x.15 plugs with hex heads

3) I drilled out the plugs all the through with a 1/2" bit

4) Fitted plugs onto hoses, threaded in perfectly and looks like it will flow more than enough air

5) waiting on Amazon Prime to deliver my 9/16-18 tap to tap the holes so i can screw the second stages I got from Dive Gear Express

IMG_0825.jpgIMG_0823.jpg

Question: What psi is a second stage usually set to work at with standard scuba equipment?

I can test my pressure in the brownies hoses with an engine compression gauge i use for my outboards to see if it matches or if i need to send the second stages to the sthop to adjust the springs in the regulators

120- 140 psi

not that i know the solution to your problem. But somewhere the guy who has done this before is laughing his ass with all these plumbing "fixes".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom