Is there a specific type of din to yoke adapter I need to buy for my aqualung legend regulator or will any din to yoke adapter do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Asking since I see different ranges in prices but same material for some din to yoke connectors. ScubaPro sells one for $150 that’s marine grade brass but then I saw this listing for an aqua din to yoke converter for $37.

Wondering why the prices are so disparate. Will certain adapter be harmful for my regulator/cause it to be more vulnerable to damage?

I plan to replace my cylinder valve soon to go with a native din connector so I will only be using this adapter for travel or emergencies.

They all fit and work. Buy whatever your budget and preference allows.

I have this one

And for those where money is no concern

That’s what I’m wondering. Why would someone want a titanium converter over regular marine grade brass. What benefits could this achieve. I’m wondering since almost every piece of equipment in this hobby has a very specific purpose. But I have no clue why adapters have this gap without anything being different other than material used. And it’s even more confusing when I can’t find anything that suggests one material is better than the other. I know titanium may probably last forever but marine grade brass if cleaned properly after use should last a good 10 years

That’s what I’m wondering. Why would someone want a titanium converter over regular marine grade brass. What benefits could this achieve. I’m wondering since almost every piece of equipment in this hobby has a very specific purpose. But I have no clue why adapters have this gap without anything being different other than material used. And it’s even more confusing when I can’t find anything that suggests one material is better than the other. I know titanium may probably last forever but marine grade brass if cleaned properly after use should last a good 10 years
Titanium is much lighter than brass; easier to travel with.

Titanium is much lighter than brass; easier to travel with.
Otherwise no benefit. Unless you want everyone to know you have too much money.

The weight argument is actually not a practical one. Ratio vice, the difference seems big. The absolute weight saved, maybe a few oz. 5-6 maybe. That is the entire 1st stage. Just the yoke clamp, maybe half. It is 95% about cool factor.

The weight argument is actually not a practical one. Ratio vice, the difference seems big. The absolute weight saved, maybe a few oz. 5-6 maybe. That is the entire 1st stage. Just the yoke clamp, maybe half. It is 95% about cool factor.
The Atomic brass yoke adapter weighs 12 oz; the titanium adapter weighs 6.4 oz.
The Aqua ada[pter the OP linked to his the OP weights 10.4 oz.
The DIN first stage the OP has (A-L Legend MBS) weighs 26.3 oz.
The yoke version MBS weighs 33.8 oz.
For weight reduction, he should use a yoke reg, not a converted DIN reg.

The Atomic brass yoke adapter weighs 12 oz; the titanium adapter weighs 6.4 oz.
TheaAqua ada[pter the OP linked to his the OP weights 10.4 oz.
The DIN first stage the OP has (A-L Legend MBS) weighs 26.3 oz.
The yoke version MBS weighs 33.8 oz.
For weight reduction, he should use a yoke reg, not a converted DIN reg.
Then legend 1st is very heavy. Mk25 din, I think it is chunky, it is 21.2oz. That is with the delrin din cap.

Attachments

• C7E7FADE-B1BA-40DB-B9F8-3ED933AF5350.jpeg
    C7E7FADE-B1BA-40DB-B9F8-3ED933AF5350.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 35
If you are headed down the road intending to take the tec ramp, Ti and O2 don't play together real well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom