I have a yoke cyclinder. And a din regulator. Is there anything I can buy to convert my actual cylinder to a din.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I feel as though using a din to yoke converter will come with some kind of complication/degradation. Please correct me if I’m wrong and there’s nothing to worry about in terms of longevity in regulator when using a converter.

I feel as though using a din to yoke converter will come with some kind of complication/degradation. Please correct me if I’m wrong and there’s nothing to worry about in terms of longevity in regulator when using a converter.
No complication or degradation, but depending on where your tank is positioned your regulator might bump you on the back of your head. Or you could just change out the valve, which might or might not give your shop an excuse to charge you for a new inspection. Just don’t buy a 300 bar valve to work with a 230 bar regulator, it won’t fit.

You could put a new DIN valve in your cylinder to accommodate your regulator.

Change your Tank Valve to a DIN valve and go diving.

It’s common, in Europe atleast, that you can screw a small part out of your valve to make it fit for din.

To state it another way, you don't "have a yoke cylinder"; rather, you have a cylinder with a yoke valve. The valve is screwed into the neck of the cylinder. As someone mentioned, some yoke valves are actually convertible between yoke and DIN, as the face of the valve has a screw-in part that can be removed to use the valve with a DIN regulator. Assuming your yoke valve is not convertible like that, then you need to empty the tank, remove the yoke valve, and replace it with a DIN valve. Voila. You could have a dive shop do it.

Check and see if the valve on your tank has an insert that can be removed to allow use of DIN connection regulators. If not, here is a Thermo Pro valve, it will solve your problems:

Converter A clamps work mostly fine but they add length to the regulator and basically bring some of the worst of both systems to the table, in a pinch a converter works, for routine use, get the Thermo Pro or similar valve.

Yep. New valve if your current valve is definitely a yoke only valve. Combo valves are becoming more and more popular on new tanks.

Look at the face of the valve, if the air hole is a small round hole, most likely off center, then it's yoke only. If it's hex shaped, you have a combo valve. You may be able to remove the yoke adapter (donut) and thread your DIN regulator into the DIN threads of the valve. One note, it may take some work to get it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom