Is there a specific type of din to yoke adapter I need to buy for my aqualung legend regulator or will any din to yoke adapter do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIN is a standardized attachment just as yoke is

What I’d take into consideration is actually from plumbing of all places. Consider whether your DIN is stainless or chromed brass. Get an adapter that matches.

This will theoretically reduce salt water corrosion between the two different alloys and extend the life of both pieces

For weight reduction, he should use a yoke reg, not a converted DIN reg.
Even better to stick with DIN reg. I haven't encountered problem with having DIN reg. It's lighter and safer.

I converted my Yoke reg to DIN reg due to problem with Yoke reg as I posted here: Tuna Wreck, Similan

What I’d take into consideration is actually from plumbing of all places. Consider whether your DIN is stainless or chromed brass. Get an adapter that matches.

This will reduce salt water corrosion between the two different alloys and extend the life of both pieces
It is true that dissimilar metals can lead to galvanic corrosion. However, this is more of an issue for metals that stay in contact for long periods of time. If you can find an adapter in the same metal go for it. If you don’t know, I wouldn’t worry too much about it as long as the adapter is removed before storing.

It is true that dissimilar metals can lead to galvanic corrosion. However, this is more of an issue for metals that stay in contact for long periods of time. If you can find an adapter in the same metal go for it. If you don’t know, I wouldn’t worry too much about it as long as the adapter is removed before storing.
Not really. Even if both reg side and adapter side are brass, if you leave them attach for 6 month and keep getting wet in salt water , they will fuse together.

Not really. Even if both reg side and adapter side are brass, if you leave them attach for 6 month and keep getting wet in salt water , they will fuse together.
I would classify leaving them together for 6 months as a long period of time. Completely a non-issue if the adapter is removed after use. Which is also stated in my post.

So, yes, really.

I would classify leaving them together for 6 months as a long period of time. Completely a non-issue if the adapter is removed after use. Which is also stated in my post.

So, yes, really.
Yes I agree, If you remove after each use, or even after one week of use, then dissimilar metal doesn’t make a difference.

I didn’t mean to quote your previous post. Google chrome on phone somehow quoted it. Sorry.

Why store the reg with adapter attached? Store them in the same bag if concerned you might forget to take the adapter.

Why store the reg with adapter attached? Store them in the same bag if concerned you might forget to take the adapter.
It was one of my lesson learned. I got a din reg after OW, because the overwhelming suggestion here. But really, I needed to use adapters 99% of the time, really 99 fives out of 100. For local dive, I took them apart after every days. But once in a trip to Thailand diving, again all yoke tanks, so I attached the adapters, finish the two week trip, then quickly pack and flight back to Shanghai for work. I did all the cleaning at service apartments, but found forgot to take the adaptor off. Then when I finally got home after about 6 months, I could no long take them apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom