I have a yoke cyclinder. And a din regulator. Is there anything I can buy to convert my actual cylinder to a din.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 793843
This is what I have. It doesn’t take an Allen key so I don’t think it has a way to convert.
Unless it has had a new hydro done since 2017 (?), then it is due. Since the valve is off for that and for VIP afterwards, and if you want a DIN valve, may as well go for the provalve option. Unless we're not seeing a newer hydro stamp

I think the lesson you need to learn is to slow down on buying equipment, and stop buying for tech or on impulse. Buying "the best" is often not the pest for particular circumstances.

You have a long way to go before you are going to be doing challenging tech dives where the difference maters. During that time you will be using a sub-optimal choice for the actual diving you are doing.

I can almost guarantee that by the time you are diving to 150ft and temps in the 30's, you will not be using your current regulators or this tank. And even if you are, you will have bought several other regs, at least one of which would have been a better choice for the diving you are doing now.

Slow down, the secret to scuba is "slow is fast and saves on gas."

I first want to make a suggestion that has nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread: You can write the content of the thread in the thread itself. The whole question does not have to go in the title in its entirety. The title can be very brief.

In keeping with the past few posts....

My friends and I use DIN regulators, and we just did a two week trip to two resorts in Fiji. We planned the trip using a travel agent that specializes in dive travel. Because of our past bad experiences, we asked the agent to confirm ahead of time that we could have nitrox tanks with DIN valves at both locations. The agent confirmed with us that it would not be a problem. We therefore did not bring adaptors.

When we got to the first location, the director of the diving was surprised to find out that we wanted nitrox tanks with DIN valves. He asked if we had adaptors. No. He immediately left the resort and went somewhere to get tanks we could use. I believe he actually bought them from another resort on the island.

The same thing happened at the second resort. Did we have adaptors? No? That's a problem. I don't know where they got them, but they somehow managed to find enough nitrox tanks with DIN valves for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom