Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I hope she got to her next interview on time and landed a decent job.

:rofl3: So, if someone is boycotting Starbucks, is it unethical to go get the free one on your birthday? :popcorn:

I don't go there on my birthday. why would I want to be treated rudely on my birthday.

About the only time I buy starbucks is at my local Target when I want a coffee in the wintertime.

They've got a star bucks counter there, run by Target employees who haven't been ruined by the Starbucks employee negative mentality.

I like their coffee...

Life is full of choices. Personally I think she made the right one by taking your call and being late to the interview...but I also think that the manager made the right call by not hiring someone that was late to their first interview. I am a firm believer that tardiness speaks volumes about someone’s priorities. Being late when others are involved sends the message that whatever caused them to be late was more important than the people that were made to wait on them. You and her just need to accept that she prioritized that phone call over her potential job, and not getting the job is the consequences of that action. Maybe you can understand it from a different point of view...I am sure that if you were going out to kill people at 13:00 and you didnt show until 13:10 the person in charge of you wouldn’t take "I was on the phone with my wife" as an excuse for being late. Also, just curious, how would you suggest that Starbucks honor the military?

:rofl3: So, if someone is boycotting Starbucks, is it unethical to go get the free one on your birthday? :popcorn:

I would think it would fit perfectly with the concept. The idea of the boycott is to hurt a company financially. So taking a free coffee would be a means toward that end. I would have to just throw it in the trash though, I don't like thier coffe.

Good are reasonable reply. I agree. ( for what it's worth ) :D

Life is full of choices. Personally I think she made the right one by taking your call and being late to the interview...but I also think that the manager made the right call by not hiring someone that was late to their first interview. I am a firm believer that tardiness speaks volumes about someone’s priorities. Being late when others are involved sends the message that whatever caused them to be late was more important than the people that were made to wait on them. You and her just need to accept that she prioritized that phone call over her potential job, and not getting the job is the consequences of that action. Maybe you can understand it from a different point of view...I am sure that if you were going out to kill people at 13:00 and you didnt show until 13:10 the person in charge of you wouldn’t take "I was on the phone with my wife" as an excuse for being late. Also, just curious, how would you suggest that Starbucks honor the military?

One more comment...I went back and read the OP. This actually has NOTHING to do with the military. The OP even states that Starbucks didnt give her a chance to explain why she was late, so Starbucks doesnt even know this is a military spouse. As it is stated in the OP this is ONLY about being late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom