Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't go there on my birthday. why would I want to be treated rudely on my birthday.

I've been to Starbucks all over the country and never once been treated rudely, as a matter of fact, I've always found Starbucks employees to be extremely polite and upbeat.

I've been to Starbucks all over the country and never once been treated rudely, as a matter of fact, I've always found Starbucks employees to be extremely polite and upbeat.

Maybe the snotty kids in the one I went to in Columbia (the city, not country) have graduated or flunked out since I was there a few years ago.

Maybe the snotty kids in the one I went to in Columbia (the city, not country) have graduated or flunked out since I was there a few years ago.

I'm not implying it doesn't happen, I am however saying it's more the exception than the rule based on my fairly extensive Starbucks experience.

I'll tell my niece you said that. She is an area manager for Starbucks and works hard to make sure the customers are treated very well.:wink:

The other thing I would probably say for Starbucks is that they take CSR (corporate social responsibility) more seriously than just about any other major corporation. They also won a lot of kudos for their assistance in post-Katrina New Orleans.

See generally: Starbucks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't drink coffee anyway and not about to read all the pages. That said, Starbucks and most employers hear every excuse in the book. When she's late before even being hired, how will she be as an employee? It's not a great first impression. Would you feel better if they wasted her time and their's by doing an interview and then just saying no thanks? If it makes you feel better I never go there but it's just because I don't drink coffee....not because she was late. Oh...and before anyone flames me, I've been to the middle east multiple times (iraq & saudi) and am on my 15th year of military service. Yes I know what it's like.

Dairy Queen large coffee today: 99c + tax! MMmm good...!

I've been to the middle east multiple times (iraq & saudi) and am on my 15th year of military service. Yes I know what it's like.

Thank you for your service.

If I can boost your morale by something as simple as this was, please be sure to post it. And if you're coming my way, PM me and I'll buy you a beer.

Not to take sides on this but Starbucks has had a bad rep in the media. As far as being late I have in law enforcement heard all kinds of excuses for getting out of trouble. While it sounds like an honest answer that she was on the phone with a service man there really is very little to back up the statement. Its possible to bring in the phone bill but as an employer they are looking for employees to fill a position fast not have to sort through other peoples statements to discover it was an honest answer.

I am in no way a fan of starbucks since I dont drink Coffee and what few beverages and food items outside the coffee line I have found to be WAY over priced so I choose not to go there. I do think it would be a wise thing though before coming right out and condeming an entire chain without first giving ample time for the corporate office to respond can lead to larger issues such as the possibility of a not so accurate statement being considered slander. Not that I have a concern on either side but its just best to allow the process to work and see if their is a middle you can meet at in some other orderly manner.

Besides that it can be looked at it a more positive manner. Maybe the shop missed out on an awesome employee. One may never know but hold your head up and hang in there. She will find possibly a better job opportunity!

Back
Top Bottom