Blacktip firmware modifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With them removing the firmware support from their website, does anyone know where to download the latest version or have the cheat sheet to adjust the parameters? I can't find the stuff I had downloaded before.
Here's the cheat sheet I put together with the enhanced 2.2 parameters. It was based on 1.18

Attachments

• BlackTip Pocket Guide (V2.2).pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 202
the new BT scooter use vesc 6.7 boards and no way to mod the v1.19 firmware currently. :(

the new BT scooter dont have a USB cable readily accessible anymore. Guess that means no more firmware mods?
How are software updates applied?

How are software updates applied?
they aren't user updateable any longer afaik.. well, I guess you could solder a usb header back yourself and try but otherwise you would have to send it in for service ?

they aren't user updateable any longer afaik.. well, I guess you could solder a usb header back yourself and try but otherwise you would have to send it in for service ?
Oh FFS. Box it up and send it around the world, spending $$$$ to send and insure it, through customs borders, taking goodness knows how long, etc., etc. How bone headed.

Have had to apply two software updates on mine: 1.15 and 1.18

Having said that, 1.18 does seem to work. The soft-start doesn't fail at depth any longer.

The shop I work with just got some new blacktips in so I will look at the latest hardware and see what can be done to flash new firmware. On the coding side I have finished updating the code so that it should work on the latest HW/Motor but have yet to test it. I will provide an update once I get a chance. Unfortunately I have been really busy lately and haven't had much time for side projects.

I really hope that dive xtras hasn't taken a step back and try to keep people from modifying their scooters.

The word in the FB group is that there is a USB plug on the new board. You just have to get the right cable to connect to it.

Trying to get to where I can upload the this firmware on my new black tip. All I have for connection ports is a USB Micro, is this the correct port to use? My computer isn't "detecting" anything even with the VESC software.

Trying to get to where I can upload the this firmware on my new black tip. All I have for connection ports is a USB Micro, is this the correct port to use? My computer isn't "detecting" anything even with the VESC software.

It sounds like you have one of the new BlackTips that has a different motor and a different USB port.

The firmware that this thread is about is not for the new motors. The post 3 up is from @benjammin17 who did the firmware for the older BlackTips, where he is talking about an updated version to work with what you have. But, as far as I know, he doesn't have it available yet.

It sounds like you have one of the new BlackTips that has a different motor and a different USB port.

The firmware that this thread is about is not for the new motors. The post 3 up is from @benjammin17 who did the firmware for the older BlackTips, where he is talking about an updated version to work with what you have. But, as far as I know, he doesn't have it available yet.
Dang it. Do you know if I can still adjust the stock settings with the VESC? At a minimum, I just want to turn off safe start

Back
Top Bottom