DEMA Blacktip new version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boarderguy

Chief Narctopus Wrangler
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
From DEMA the new blacktips will have a Bluetooth module for changing settings via an app. Included firmware options are jump speed, adjustable speeds, reverse, and no safe start. It also updates safe start to be a ½ second delay and is imperceptible compared to not having it on. If I missed anything here is a video review on it.

Very Cool.

From DEMA the new blacktips will have a Bluetooth module for changing settings via an app. Included firmware options are jump speed, adjustable speeds, reverse, and no safe start. It also updates safe start to be a ½ second delay and is imperceptible compared up not having it on. If I missed anything here is a video review on it.

Any idea how much that'll add to the base price?

I'm ignorant to scooters.... how often are you changing settings? I would "think" you get it setup the way you want and then forget about it? Maybe I'm wrong?

Nonetheless, cool feature.

Any idea how much that'll add to the base price?

I'm ignorant to scooters.... how often are you changing settings? I would "think" you get it setup the way you want and then forget about it? Maybe I'm wrong?

Nonetheless, cool feature.
I emailed them last night and I'm waiting on the reply. I'm assuming the Bluetooth module may add $100 which I'm willing to pay since I'm buying a new one soon. The other question posed is when they'll be available.

I wish Dive-Xtras handed the demo unit to someone that actually made concise videos, I shut the thing off within a minute. The Top Gear style videos are fine for the occasional review but not every video needs to be mostly B roll and superfluous narration.

I wish Dive-Xtras handed the demo unit to someone that actually made concise videos,
Yea - I could not watch that video either. Just weird.

Yea - I could not watch that video either. Just weird.

They are copying Top Gear's style, but enjoyed Top Gear because it covered cars that I could never afford driving them in absolutely gorgeous environments. So I was watching the videos less for the facts and more for the aesthetics, so all that fluff was fine.

Direct Link

Back
Top Bottom