DEMA Blacktip new version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of us have discussed another Blacktip firmware enhancement, but frankly, I would never waste my own time on any Dive-X firmware enhancements again
While I agree with you that Dive-X's attitude is frustrating, I just started updating the code to make enhancements for my own interest. When I am happy with those changes, I will release them to the community for the sake of the community, not Dive-X. I won't let them control open source code.

I watched the DiveVibe video on how to enable the Cruise Control feature in the new BT.

In the video, you can see that his scooter says it has the George 0.4 firmware loaded.

I do not know if this is possible, but it seems like it MIGHT be possible that you can use the VESC tool, on the QML tab (video at time 4:54), to open and then save off the QML package that Dive-X is using to add the new features. I mean, that part it is clear you CAN do.

What I'm not sure about is if you can pull everything required out of a new BT, save it off, and then load it onto another BT with George 0.4, and have the new features that way.

But it sure seems like it is a possibility. Ben McGeever posted on FB that using this add-on package is how Dive-X is working now, instead of having to update the firmware itself to add or change features. The video is a walkthrough of how to actually change a line in the QML, so it seems like you might be able to pull everything you need in order to replicate it on another scooter. At least, that has the same firmware. And maybe(??) it could even be replicated to a scooter that has the original Fred firmware?

Side note: The factory option for Cruise Control is kinda sucky because you have to do 5 trigger clicks, pause for the scooter to prompt for confirmation, and then hit it 5 more times just to turn Cruise on. On the other hand, it's cool that it has a timeout, so if your scooter does get away from you somehow while Cruise is on, it won't just run until the battery dies before it stops.

Anyway.... anybody have a new BT with this feature yet? Can you use the VESC tool and extract the QML package and post it?

Anyway.... anybody have a new BT with this feature yet? Can you use the VESC tool and extract the QML package and post it?
If no one else does, I'll try this for you this weekend (my scooter and I are not in the same place right now).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom