Question Best source for info. on installing Rolock dry gloves on Seaskin Nova suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My best idea is to machine an interface ring that will hold the silicone wrist seal (like the QCP) that has an ID that fits the Rolock.
I don't like the DGS, if I were to get push together I would probably go with Kubi.
I have a spare set of PU bits for the QCP that I can play with in terms of the modification.
Bill

Why would you want/need to do that?

Did you watch the video on the modification? It shows exactly how to accomplish what you are wanting to do with an existing installed QCP PU ring and the Rolock 3 system.

The mod has you:
1. mount the silicone seal to the Rolock 3 cuff ring
2. modify the QCP PU ring that is glued into your sleeve cuff
3. press the combined Rolock 3 cuff ring with mounted silicone seal into the modified QCP PU ring
4. mount glove on Rolock 3 glove ring
5. attach Rolock 3 glove ring to the cuff ring
6. go dive

-Z

I did indeed watch the video and while it likely works with the Rolock 3, it certainly won't work with the Rolock 90. I suppose I could sell the Rolock 90 and get a Rolock 3, or just buy the suit side of the Rolock 3.
Bill

I did indeed watch the video and while it likely works with the Rolock 3, it certainly won't work with the Rolock 90. I suppose I could sell the Rolock 90 and get a Rolock 3, or just buy the suit side of the Rolock 3.
Bill

Of course it doesn't work with the Rolock 90.

The Rolock 90 was designed specifically to interface with the Si-Tech QCS oval wrist ring system.

The Rolock 3 was designed to work with glued on latex wrist seals, but per the video, can be used with the larger diameter Si-Tech QCP wrist ring system with a modification to the QCP PU ring glued into the suit.

You will need the complete Rolock 3 system: Cuff and glove rings.

If you want a decent dryglove system to go with the QCP wrist rings currently installed in your drysuit, then I recommend the Si-Tech Glove Lock system. It is available, no modification to any components is required, and it is specifically designed to work with that wrist ring system.

-Z

That's what I am currently using, with no problems. But that is why I might try to make an interface ring (like the ring that works on the SiTech push together gloves) with an ID for the Rolock. Machining that won't be too big an issue I suspect, and if it doesn't work it is easy to go back to the glove lock.
Bill

• Confusing
Reactions: Zef
Is there any way to order the Seaskin Nova with Rolocks fitted?
Sort of. You can order with just the PU rings (for the Antares system) and order the Rolock separately. That's what I did.

They use the same suit side ring. You might even be able to forget the crap Anteras and just get the Rolock.

Sort of. You can order with just the PU rings (for the Antares system) and order the Rolock separately. That's what I did.

They use the same suit side ring. You might even be able to forget the crap Anteras and just get the Rolock.
Cheers. Do Seaskin fit the ring that has to be glued into the suit wrist?

Cheers. Do Seaskin fit the ring that has to be glued into the suit wrist?
Yes, that is the Sitech PU ring. It's listed on their site by itself.

It will work with a few different systems, mainly Waterproof Ultimas and Rolock 90's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom