Questions about going to Rolock 3 on DUI Zip Seal suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thunder Struck

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Sippin' cholla juice under the shade of a mesquite
Looking to put a Rolock 3 glove system on my DUI suit with ZipSeals. Can the Rolock be mounted to the silicone seals or does it need the latex seals to property seal? I've got a torn silicone seal that I'm replacing with the HD latex seals as I get tendon leakage around the wrist that the latex allegedly helps prevent. I planned to use the torn silicone seal would make for a platform to mount the Rolock to.

Or is best practice to use with intact wrist seals? Considering the DUI ZipSeal gloves don't have a wrist seal I've never put much consideration into it until now.

My thought was keep the intact seals for use without the plastic glove ring when diving without dry gloves to keep the pliable cuff of the ZipSeal, but then swap to the ring system when needing the dry gloves and also protecting the seal inside the glove ring. Or is the loss of the pliable cuff not that noticeable? I often will wear a thin set of ScubaPro Tropic or Mechanix gloves simply for abrasion protection as I often manipulate, clean things up (algae and blasted zebra muscles), or collect trash.

Is the Rolock Wrist Seal Protectior kit worthwhile? This is to protect that portion of the wrist seal to the suit that the Rolock ring is affixed to, and not the ring's o-ring/surface when diving without the dry glove half installed, correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom