Question Best source for info. on installing Rolock dry gloves on Seaskin Nova suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well not quite so much. I have the SiTech quick cuff on my suit and the Rolock piece is way too small to fit into the suit. Also it is really really tight, to turn to lock the two pieces together, I would need a second person to help get it apart.
Bill
quick cuff is a different system than the QCS, the PU ring in the suit is larger. RoLock 90 goes with the QCS and they have a standard which goes on glued in latex seals.

the tightness is often related to to much lube.

Buy once, cry once. I just ignored the cost because I wanted easy, not inexpensive lol

I think there is a learning curve with any of the 3 top contenders, pros and cons to all. I like the WP and Rolock because they're interchangeable. I would try the Kubi if I got a 3rd suit.. but from what I can see they work the same way that the WP do.

I think there is a learning curve with any of the 3 top contenders, pros and cons to all. I like the WP and Rolock because they're interchangeable. I would try the Kubi if I got a 3rd suit.. but from what I can see they work the same way that the WP do.
Round ring with no indexing. Single fat sealing o-ring and 1 that butts between the 2. I like pulling the glove on and the ring just goes wherever it fits best. Zero experience with putting new gloves on other setups but I've watched friends struggle and curse at the site because they were off by a little bit and it pulled.

Round ring with no indexing. Single fat sealing o-ring and 1 that butts between the 2. I like pulling the glove on and the ring just goes wherever it fits best. Zero experience with putting new gloves on other setups but I've watched friends struggle and curse at the site because they were off by a little bit and it pulled.
I still have nightmares about mounting gloves to the WP Ultima, RoLock is easier than putting on wet gloves.

WP are the same. Loading them was a nightmare but @Zef found that with a different o ring it was stupid easy.

I like them both for different reasons. I like the WP don't have to go on a certain way and can even move them for better positioning even under water.

Still getting used to Rolock, but they're easier to get off... so far they seem like they need a little more maintenance than the WP, which I might have lubed every 5 or so dives.

Still getting used to Rolock, but they're easier to get off... so far they seem like they need a little more maintenance than the WP, which I might have lubed every 5 or so dives.

I exchanged emails with my POC at Rolock in Switzerland on behalf of another SB member who DMed me about his Rolock 90 glove rings being difficult to twist onto the cuff rings. The response was basically to use a generous amount of lube on the "tracks"/mating surfaces and to expect that they will "break in" and become slightly easier to twist on/off in time.

As I have mentioned in other postings, I found that indexing the cuff and glove rings to the space between my thumbs and index fingers, instead of with the middle finger, helps me sight that everything is lined up and makes twisting them together easier for me.

If you have the penchant, while watching a movie/tv, lube the mating surfaces inside the rings and twist them on and off a bunch to help break them in.

Hope that helps.

-Z

quick cuff is a different system than the QCS, the PU ring in the suit is larger. RoLock 90 goes with the QCS and they have a standard which goes on glued in latex seals.

the tightness is often related to to much lube.

It is possible to use the Rolock 3 dryglove system with the larger PU rings of the Si-Tech Quick Cuff (QCP) ring system with a slight modification to the PU rings. Here is a link to a youtube video made by divezonescuba on how to do it.

I have also saved the video down from youtube and attached it in the zipfile below, in case the link above ever becomes broken.

-Z

Attachments

• Using the Rolock 3 System with Sitech Quick Cuffs.zip
    23.7 MB · Views: 149
Yeah, it looks like if I want to use the Rolock 90, I should replace the quick cuff with the QCS insert.
For now, I will keep the Sitech glove lock, it seems to work fine.
Bill

Yeah, it looks like if I want to use the Rolock 90, I should replace the quick cuff with the QCS insert.
For now, I will keep the Sitech glove lock, it seems to work fine.
Bill

The Glove Lock system is not a bad system, my wife had it on her first drysuit and did not have a problem with it. She also had the Si-Tech Virgo installed on her 2nd drysuit which is a version of the Glove Lock designed to interface with the QCS cuff rings. She didn't like the bulkiness of the Virgo cuff ring, so she switched to the Ultima DGS system.

I am sure she will eventually ask why I have the Rolock 90 and she has the Ultima DGS, but she is not diving any time soon so I have a reprieve, at least for now.

Check the modification video I posted above, as it is my understanding that the Rolock 3 and the Rolock 90 are functionally identical with regards to how the glove rings attach to the cuff rings. And if the eventual plan is to pull out the glued in PU ring of the Quick Cuff (QCP) system currently in your suit, then I would start with making the modification and trying it out before shelling out the cash for the QCS rings....there is more to just gluing in the QCS PU rings as sleeve of your suit will need to be modified as they are a smaller diameter than the QCP PU rings you have now.

-Z

My best idea is to machine an interface ring that will hold the silicone wrist seal (like the QCP) that has an ID that fits the Rolock.
I don't like the DGS, if I were to get push together I would probably go with Kubi.
I have a spare set of PU bits for the QCP that I can play with in terms of the modification.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom