Be careful with Innerspace in Big Pine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didnt say anything "bad" about them, just said if it was to come up for sale and "someone" bought it then there would be another GOOD dive op there. Sad part is I REALLY LIKE the layout and setup at Amoray's, ALOT!! It just needs someone to pay attention to it and bring it back up to the way it should be.

Captain Slate's?? That is the guy who feeds the barracuda and sharks over at the Elbow alot isnt it?

Ok...maybe BAD is too strong a word for your comments, how about "not so favorable" :D

The guy on the Duane trip had nothing nice at all to say though...

I thought that Amy's trips did the Moray eel feeds?

Ok...maybe BAD is too strong a word for your comments, how about "not so favorable" :D

The guy on the Duane trip had nothing nice at all to say though...

I thought that Amy's trips did the Moray eel feeds?
Amoray's gets a lot of "mixed" reviews on this board.

I have nothing terrible to say about their operation; however feel others do a consistantly good job - HMS Minnow and Conch Republic are better, more consistantly positive IMO.

Dove w/ Amoray a few times and many many more with the other two, and plan to continue to do so.

I thought it was wierd for there to be two dive ops with the name Slate in it. I just thought it was coincidence?? Didnt know they were Ex's!! Mayeb they should have stayed together!! Amoray's would've been a better operation then!!

Well, I'm back from my trips with Innerspace and I thought I'd report back in. My husband and I spent two days diving with Innerspace, doing both morning and afternoon trips on the first day and an afternoon on the second day. We were also doing our AOW.

We really enjoyed our experience and have no complaints. Everyone we met associated with the operation was very friendly and professional. The boat captain was the sweetest and Bill in the shop was also very accomodating. We had a dive/snorkel trip planned with family members for the next week and when 20-25 knot winds sprang up, Bill called us the evening before to let us know that the trip was a no-go (none of the boats went out for a couple of days). The prompt heads-up was really appreciated--it was nice to know that we could relax and have a few extra holiday drinks since we wouldn't be diving the next day.

The best part of our experience was definitely our AOW instructor, Scubamama5, who is a AWESOME! She's enthusiastic and has a great sense of humor and so much experience and knowledge to share. I'm particularly happy with my advances in bouyancy and navigation skills and the background I have to continue to practice these.

The dive boat was fine. This was my first 6-pack, and I think that I actually prefer larger boats that are more stable, have more shade, and have a head, but the lack of crowds was really nice. The operation is a little bit no-frills (the customary orange slices would have been nice to get the salt water taste out of the mouth after dives), but it seemed well run.

We also dove with Amoray the next week after the winds settled down a bit. We've stayed/dove with them in the past and have only nice things to say about that operator too.

Glad it all worked out for you PC! I'm severely jealous that you've been wet and I've been dry as a bone!

I have a post script on this myself!

I was sitting home Monday morning and received a call from Innerspace.. The person at the other end of the phone said he wanted to talk to me about my dives this afternoon and tomorrow! I told him that I was supposed to be scheduled LAST month (actually on either the first or second) And he said "OH??" I then told hime that as much as I WOULD like to go out this afternoon, I was stuck up in Pennsylvania and probably wouldn't make the the boat. HE chuckled and apologized for the mix up.

Just thought it was an interesting end to this!

Anyway...Happy New Year to all of you!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom