Buyer Beware Liveaboard.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP, wait what? Are you disputing the charge directly with your card company? I’ve never heard of being unable to at least start the process much less being told no go at the outset. Doesn’t matter that you agreed to the terms the point is the terms are misleading, ergo the dispute. I would try to fill out the dispute form/dialog again and finesse whatever answer is stopping the process.

Good luck.

P.s. How can you tell a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving. You know, they stopped using rats for lab experiments and now use lawyers. Turns out they were getting attached to the rats. Thanks, I’m here all week.
Once I told the CC rep that there was a terms and agreement box and I checked it she informed me I could not dispute the charge. I don't want to finesse an answer and then down the road make the issue worse. I just received an email and they are refunding Euro 829.50.

Sometimes you have to take your lumps in life. One of my favorite things I have heard lately is " I don't lose I learn". I won't make the same mistake again. Hopefully this thread will alert others to LA.com's policies.

I'll update the thread once the refund is received to let everyone know LA.com and least followed through on that piece of it.

As mentioned in the beginning, Buyer Beware when you are sending money to firms outside the U.S. or in the U.S. for that matter. There are a lot of shady people out there and they cover themselves well when it comes to legalities. They are used to taking advantage of the happy go lucky vacationer/diver.

Sometimes you have to take your lumps in life. One of my favorite things I have heard lately is " I don't lose I learn". I won't make the same mistake again. Hopefully this thread will alert others to LA.com's policies.
I have very much appreciated your story here.

Liveaboard.com is either intentionally being deceptive in how they worded the refund policy or could stand to hire a decent lawyer to word their policies more clearly. I don't know whether the lack of clarity was intentional or out of laziness or lack of skill in writing contractual terms in plain English, but I plan to avoid dealing with them.

Back
Top Bottom