What's up with Seaskin CS / post sale support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The prices on their suits have gone up slightly in the last few years. The exchange got a little better (at least it was when I ordered mine). So I paid just about what @stuartv paid, maybe a little more.

Just to follow up on my post-sale support journey. On Friday I got a UPS tracking number that said the suit would be delivered Monday (today). Kinda shocking it would ship from the UK that fast but cool with me. About an hour later I got an email from sales informing me they had a note to add the p-valve but it wasn't done yet, and they're on vacation until the 31st so it wouldn't ship before then. I was kinda disappointed but wanted the p-valve.

I emailed back and asked if there was any way they could get the work done before vacation. As before no response. Then yesterday I had a UPS notification I needed to pay tariffs/fees and the new tracking said it would indeed be here on Monday. And boom! Here it is in my hands!

More than anything I'm blown away it only took 3 days to ship from UK to USA.
I called SeaSkin this morning, my suit is about 1 week behind schedule.

@mje113
Just for grins and giggles, how much was the charge for tariffs and fees ?

Just for grins and giggles, how much was the charge for tariffs and fees ?
$95... no idea if that's good or bad. Also I got an undersuit and I've heard maybe the tariffs could be higher?

$95... no idea if that's good or bad. Also I got an undersuit and I've heard maybe the tariffs could be higher?
I mysteriously "lost" that inv. I get taxed enough in MD thank you very much.

My tariff was $0. Come to think of it, I never saw an invoice at all. Mine was delivered June 2020, which was a few months into covid, so that might have had something to do with it, I'm not sure. But, if yours is $95... it might be easier to just pay it (or mysteriously lose it), than to argue with it.

How is the suit?

Ha, feel free to respond in DM but how? UPS said I had to pay it before or on delivery.
I had already received the suit and the charge came weeks later.. I just let it go out with the trash. Woops.

@lexvil I think called them and was able to get a discount? @Marie13 is also in that line of work, she might chime in and tell you what to say or do (she's very good with all the codes and what they mean).

Seaskin's sales dept. (a total of one person, a very nice fellow) was on vacation at the time of the OP's post. I had the same issue with unreturned communications, but once he returned to the office, he took care of the unfinished business we had in a most expeditious manner. I highly recommend Seaskin.

I mysteriously "lost" that inv. I get taxed enough in MD thank you very much.
Scofflaw! I had a customer not pay a fine that was their fault, and they’re now trying to keep their butt off the national sanctions list, which means they wouldn’t be able to import at all.

How is the suit?
Honestly, great! I don't really have much to compare it to other than the rental Santi I've been using for a while. It seems really well built. I tried it on once and it seemed to fit well (but I got really friggin hot and had to tear it off in a jiffy). The hood I ordered is really tight. like I feel like my eyes are bugging out. I may replace if I can't stretch it before my next dive.

Back
Top Bottom