What's up with Seaskin CS / post sale support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly, great! I don't really have much to compare it to other than the rental Santi I've been using for a while. It seems really well built. I tried it on once and it seemed to fit well (but I got really friggin hot and had to tear it off in a jiffy). The hood I ordered is really tight. like I feel like my eyes are bugging out. I may replace if I can't stretch it before my next dive.
I'd be very leary of wearing that hood. Constriction in the neck can cause reduced blood flow to the brain which is generally considered a bad thing. It is also just plain distracting and fatiguing.

Honestly, great! I don't really have much to compare it to other than the rental Santi I've been using for a while. It seems really well built. I tried it on once and it seemed to fit well (but I got really friggin hot and had to tear it off in a jiffy). The hood I ordered is really tight. like I feel like my eyes are bugging out. I may replace if I can't stretch it before my next dive.
The hood that came with my SeaSkin suit felt really tight. It was because the face hole ships really really small, and it needed to be trimmed back a half-inch or so. Once I did that, it fit me pretty well. You might give that a shot. If you do, trim it just a little bit at a time, maybe an eighth-inch or so, because each time you trim it. Or, y'know, maybe it's just too small. Best of luck

Agree that hood fits much better after trimming face gasket. I used my favorite mask as template by tracing out the skirt outline into the gasket while wearing the hood and then trimming halfway between this outline and the edge of the gasket. I also trimmed away a little from the chin area bit by bit after each dive day until I was happy with the fit.

The hood that came with my SeaSkin suit felt really tight. It was because the face hole ships really really small, and it needed to be trimmed back a half-inch or so. Once I did that, it fit me pretty well. You might give that a shot. If you do, trim it just a little bit at a time, maybe an eighth-inch or so, because each time you trim it. Or, y'know, maybe it's just too small. Best of luck
Ahhhhh that makes a lot of sense. I was skeptical I would have been able to fit my reg in my mouth much less my googles in my face.

Just trim with sharp scissors? Any finishing needed?

With a tight hood... get into a new hobby, hypoxphilia.. problem solved😁

Ahhhhh that makes a lot of sense. I was skeptical I would have been able to fit my reg in my mouth much less my googles in my face.

Just trim with sharp scissors? Any finishing needed?
A brand new exacto blade would be a good way to do this. Sharp scissors will do the job as well.

A brand new exacto blade would be a good way to do this. Sharp scissors will do the job as well.
Agree. Whatever you do, don't use EMT shears. I ruined a good hood doing that... the shears went right through the neoprene, of course, but one of the blades is slightly serrated, so you end up with a ragged cut that is prone to tearing. I've had success with sharp kitchen scissors

I have really sharp fabric shears so I'll give it a go later today. Man I hate having to cut new gear.

I have really sharp fabric shears so I'll give it a go later today. Man I hate having to cut new gear.
If you can wait you could go to the craft store and get a rolling cutter and a thin cutting board. It looks like a pizza cutter. The cut line is really smooth and you get what you want. Shears will leave a little bobble when you transition out of the neoprene to the already cut edge. This cutter also good for trimming seals when they are slightly stretched around a hard cylindrical object. Can use old tank for neck seals.

Back
Top Bottom